AIRF is headed by the Director - Prof. R. Madhubala from School of Life Sciences.
AIRF Faculty Members:
At present AIRF has the following two faculty members at the level of Assistant Professor:
1. Dr. Tulika Prasad
2. Dr. Kavita Arora
AIRF faculty members facilitate the following:
A) Technical and intellectual support:
i) Providing technical support to the users of this facility by facilitating their analysis on these instruments.
ii) Providing intellectual support/ inputs as per their expertise for analysis of the data produced as a result of usage of AIRF and designing future experiments for the users.
iii) Facilitating the day today smooth running of AIRF and conducting/ organizing seminars/ trainings/ workshops for all users.
B) Academic Activities:
i) Training summer trainees on the techniques and the applications of existing AIRF facilities.
ii) Supervising research students.
iii) Carrying research work with their own research grants and awards.
iv) Providing theoretical and practical training on AIRF related topics to graduate and postgraduate (B.Sc./ M. Sc./ M.Phil./ Ph.D.) students of Science schools of JNU and outside JNU.
Of special mention is that AIRF functions efficiently essentially taking the technical and intellectual inputs from the respective JNU faculty member in-charges from the JNU Science Schools who are having specialized expertise in existing and upcoming AIRF facilities.
Members of AIRF Director's Office:
1. Mr. Parveen Kumar - Laboratory Assistant
2. Mr. Shanker Dutt - Laboratory Assistant
AIRF Instruments In-charge of Operation:
1. Dr. Gajender Saini - System Analyst
2. Dr. Manoj Pratap Singh - System Analyst
3. Mr. Sandeep Sarpal - Technical Officer
4. Dr. Ajai Kumar – Senior Technical Assistant
5. Ms. Neetu Singh - Technician B
6. Ms. Charu Tanwar – Imaging Specialist
7. Mr. S. C. P. Sharma – Consultant
8. Dr. Manish Kumar – Research Associate
9. Dr. Ruchita Pal – Research Associate
10. Mr. Plabon Borah - Senior Research Fellow
11. Mr. Ashok Kumar Sahu - Senior Research Fellow
AIRF Building/ Laboratory Maintenance:
1. Mr. Ashu - Attendant/ Cleaner
2. Mr. Shiv Shankar - Attendant/ Cleaner
3. Mr. Raju - Cleaner
4. Mr. Dhani Ram - Gardener