AIRF is headed by the Director - Prof. Rakesh Tyagi from Special Centre for Molecular Medicine.
AIRF Faculty Members:
At present AIRF has the following two faculty members at the level of Assistant Professor:
1. Dr. Tulika Prasad
2. Dr. Kavita Arora
AIRF faculty members facilitate the following:
A) Technical and intellectual support:
i) Providing technical support to the users of this facility by facilitating their analysis on these instruments.
ii) Providing intellectual support/ inputs as per their expertise for analysis of the data produced as a result of usage of AIRF and designing future experiments for the users.
iii) Facilitating the day today smooth running of AIRF and conducting/ organizing seminars/ trainings/ workshops for all users.
B) Academic Activities:
i) Training summer trainees on the techniques and the applications of existing AIRF facilities.
ii) Supervising research students.
iii) Carrying research work with their own research grants and awards.
iv) Providing theoretical and practical training on AIRF related topics to graduate and postgraduate (B.Sc./ M. Sc./ M.Phil./ Ph.D.) students of Science schools of JNU and outside JNU.
Of special mention is that AIRF functions efficiently essentially taking the technical and intellectual inputs from the respective JNU faculty member in-charges from the JNU Science Schools who are having specialized expertise in existing and upcoming AIRF facilities.
Members of AIRF Director's Office:
1. Mr. Parveen Kumar - Laboratory Assistant
2. Mr. Shanker Dutt - Laboratory Assistant
3. Ms. Veenu Talwar- Lab Attendant
AIRF Instruments In-charge of Operation:
1. Mr. Sandeep Sarpal - Technical Officer
2. Dr. Gajender Saini - System Analyst
3. Dr. Manoj Pratap Singh - System Analyst
4. Dr. Ajai Kumar – System Analyst
5. Mr. Saroj Kumar Jha- Technical Officer
6. Dr. Ruchita Pal – Senior Technical Assistant
7. Dr. Neetu Singh - Technician B
8. Mr. Plabon Borah - Technical Officer
9. Mr. Ashok Kumar Sahu - Technical Officer
10. Mr. Pawan Kumar Srivastava- Technical Officer
11. Dr. Manish Kumar – Research Associate
12. Mr. Prabhat Kumar– Research Associate
13. Dr. Akanksha Sharma– Research Associate
14. Mr. S. C. P. Sharma – Consultant
AIRF Building/ Laboratory Maintenance:
1. Mr. Shiv Shankar – Lab Attendant
2. Mr. Ashu - Attendant/ Cleaner
3. Mr. Raju - Cleaner
4. Mr. Dhani Ram - Gardener