1. Dasgupta, S. (2008), ‘Reordering a world: The Tana Bhagat movement, 1914-1919’, Studies in History, Vol. 15: 1.
2. Dasgupta, S. (2004), ‘The journey of an anthropologist in Chhotanagpur’, Indian Economic and Social History Review, Vol. 42: 2.
3. Dasgupta, S. (2007), ‘Probing anthropological representations: An analysis of Sarat Chandra Roy and his writings on the “tribe” and the Oraons of Chhotanagpur’, in Gautam Sengupta, Suchira Roychoudhury and Sujit Som eds, Past and Present. Ethnoarchaeology in India, New Delhi.
4. Dasgupta, S. (2008), ‘Recasting the “Oraons and the “tribe”: A study of Sarat Chandra Roy’s anthropology’ in Satish Deshpande, Nandini Sundar and Patricia Uberoi, eds, Anthropology in the East: Founders of Indian Sociology and Anthropology, New Delhi.
5. D.J. Rycroft and S. Dasgupta (2011), ‘Indigenous pasts and the politics of belonging’ in D.J. Rycroft and S. Dasgupta (eds.), Indigenous Pasts and The Politics of Belonging in India: Becoming Adivasi, Routledge, London and New York.