Prof. Saumitra Mukherjee as Dean, School of Environmental Sciences, for a period of two years.
Prof. Girish Nath Jha, Special Centre for Sanskrit Studies as Director, International Collaboration, for a period of two years.
Prof. Atul Kumar Johri, School of Life Sciences as Director, Human Resource Development, for a period of two years.
Dr. Rupesh Chaturvedi, Associate Professor, School of Biotechnology as Director (Research & Development).
Prof. Kharat Rajesh Srikrishna, Centre for South Asian Studies, School of International Studies as Chief Advisor, Equal opportunity Office.
Prof. Edward A. Rodrigures, Centre for the Study of Social Systems as Advisors, Equal Opportunity Office, for a period of two years.
Dr. Neera Kongari, Centre of Japanese, Korean and North East Asian Studies, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies as Advisor, Equal Opportunity Office, for a period of two years.
Dr. Rajnish Kumar Mishra, Special Centre for Sanskrit Studies as Provost, Uttarakhand, for a period of two years.
Dr. Bijoy Kumar Kuanr as Chairperson, Special Centre for Nano Sciences, for a Period of two years.
Prof. K.S. James as Professor in the Centre for the Study of Regional Development, School of Social Sciences.
Dr. Ranjeeta Dutta as Associate Professor in the Centre for Historical Studies, School of Social Sciences.
Dr. Shonaleeka Kaul as Associate Professor in the Centre for Historical Studies, School of Social Sciences.
Dr. Lipi Biswas Sen as Assistant Professor in the Centre of Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Latin American Studies, School of Language Literature and Culture Studies.
Retirement & Resignation
- Shri Anas Ahmad, Private Secretary, Dean's Office, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies.
- Shri Nageshwar Rao Kondamudi, Assistant Librarian, Central Library.
- Smt. Bhagvati Tanwar, Assistant, Centre for English Studies, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies.
- Shri Anand Singh Rawat, Assistant, Aravali International Guest House.
- Shri M. C. Tiwari, Semi Professional Assistant, Central Library.
- Shri Rajinder Singh, Semi Professional Assistant, Central Library.
- Shri Ganga Singh, Professional Assistant, Central Library.
- Shri Mahender Singh, Junior Assistant – cum – Typist, School of International Studies.
- Shri Vinod Kumar Bali, Pump Operator, Engineering Branch.
- Shri Kalu Ram, Lift Operator, Engineering Branch.
- Shri Hari Prasad Tiwari, Head Mess Helper, Sutlej Hostel.
- Smt. Somwati Devi – I, Safaikaramchari, Pariyar Hostel.
- Smt. Kela Devi, Safaikarmchari, School of Social Sciences.
Prof. Chintamani Mahapatra is new JNU Rector
Prof. Chintamani Mahapatra is currently Rector-I of Jawaharlal Nehru University. He is concurrently Professor, Centre for Canadian, US & Latin American Studies at the School of International Studies of JNU.
He has held positions, such as Member, UGC Review Committee, Area Studies Programme; Member, Fellowship Expert Committee, ICSSR; Editor, Indian Foreign Affairs Journal; Member, Editorial Board, Strategic Analysis, IDSA; Member, Editorial Board, Diaspora Studies; and Member, Committee on Studies, Academy of International Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia.
Recently, he was Tagore Chair Professor at Yunnan University of China. He has conducted research in several US Presidential Libraries and US National Archives; and British Public Record Office in London.
Prof. Mahapatra has authored four books, one edited volume, and has contributed chapters to over 30 edited books. He has published more than 70 research articles in reputed journals.
He has been awarded a number of international fellowships, such as Fulbright Fellowship, Commonwealth Fellowship, and Visiting Fellowships to undertake research in the US, UK, Austria, Australia and many other countries.
He has been a visiting faculty in several UGC-run Academic Staff Colleges, the Foreign Service Institute of the Ministry of External Affairs, National Defense College, Army War College, Naval War College and the College of Air Warfare.
He is also a regular commentator in newspapers and on audio-visual media on international affairs.
Following faculty members have been appointed as Hostel Wardens for the period of two years from the date of joining duties
||Name & Designation
||Dr. Vijay Pal Yadav, Assistant Professor
||Dr. Aprajita Kashyap, Assistant Professor
||CCUS&LAS / SIS
Vice Chancellor has reconstituted the Disaster Management Cell in the university to deal with any type of emergencies as under:
1. Prof. Sanjay K. Bhardwaj, SIS - Chairperson
2. Dr. Sunita Reddy, CSMCH, SSS - Member
3. Dr. Jayant KumarTripathi, SES - Member
4. Dean of Student - Member
5. Chief Medical Officer - Member
6. Executive Engineer (E) - Member
7. Executive Engineer (C) - Member
8. Deputy Registrar (Estate) - Member
9. Chief Security Officer - Member
The University has reconstituted the Environmental Task Force (ETF) for a period of two years, with the following members are to assess environmental aspects of proposed new construction activities and other cases:-
1. Prof. Umesh Chandra Kulshrestha, SES - Chairperson
2. Prof. Aparna Sawhney, CITD, SIS - Member
3. Prof. P.K. Joshi, SES - Member
4. Dr. Gautam Jha, SLL&CS - Member
5. Dr. Md Qutbuddin, SLL&CS - Member
6. Sh. Rajiv Kumar, SE (C) - Member
7. Sh. B.S. Rawat, EE (E/C) - Member
8. Sh. Sunil Kumar, Horticulture Officer - Member Secretary