Interdisciplinary Approach: How to get Yourself Involved
Aim: The goal of the seminar is to familiarize about the notion 'necessity of interdisciplinary knowledge for smoothing, enriching learning experience with wider touch to domain specific knowledge and enhancing understanding of oneself as well as one's own subject through mutual learning'.
Objective: This seminar will provide a great opportunity to interact all of the students and faculties of JNU from various disciplines. It would help to enrich the knowledge and a greater understanding not only of its own discipline and the inter-linkages of different dimension of knowledge.
What shall we do in the seminar?
We will have some lectures by eminent faculties and others to help to understand the relevance/importance of interdisciplinary approach through mutual learning in the world of academia.
What to achieve?
Motivate people who can venture into learning and understanding of different subjects and eventually are more effective in making understanding of subject from different aspects and also may be able to deliver the same to the society in efficient manner.
The forum may receive more attention, volunteers and can gain the momentum so that it can work more efficiently and prove more fruitful to the JNU community.
Date: 5th April 2013 (Friday)
Time: 9.30 am - 5 pm
Venue: SSS-I Committee Room, School of Social Sciences,
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Click for programme schedule
1. A Non-traditional Understanding of God -Issues and Problems. For Details click here
2. 2-Mathematical Puzzles. For Details click here
3. Dynamics of Political Economy. For Details click here
4. Gene to Behaviour. For Details click here
5. Globalization of R&D: Trends of Foreign ICT and Biotechnology Firms in India and China. For Details click here
6. FDI Issues in India and Abroad: With Special Reference to Retail Sector. For Details click here
7. Workshop on Right to Information Act 2005. For Details click here
8. Fantastic Gay Men and the Women who Write Them: An Examination of the Boys' Love Genre of Manga. For Details click here
9. Speech Technology for Sanskrit: Developing a Speech Synthesis System. For Details click here
10. Mathematicians and their problems. For Details click here
11. Finding Geospatial Solution of Social Crime. For Details click here
12. Understanding the Union Budget 2013-14. For Details click here
13. Celluloid Cinephilia: Film Society Cultures in India. For Details click here