Over the last thirty five years the Centre has made a significant contribution in many areas of research and has awarded many Ph.D and M.Phil degrees on subjects related to Spanish language, literature, linguistics, translation & interpretation, society, art & culture of the Hispanic world. Faculty members have undertaken several projects and have been actively involved in the development of Hispanic Studies in India. To this end, many books have been published by them in India and abroad as well as several research articles in national and international journals. (For details, please visit the individual web page of the faculty members.)
The broadly identified research areas of the Centre are:
- Spanish & Latin American Society, Culture & Literature
- Latin American Post-Coloniality
- Indo-Hispanic Reception Studies
- Gender & Marginalities
- Latin American Cultural Studies
- Teaching Methodology (ELE)
- Inter Cultural Communication
- Applied Linguistics
- Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) and ICT & Language Learning
- Interpretation & Translation Studies
- Portuguese & Luso-Brazilian Studies and Culture
The Centre encourages research and translation projects and faculty members have successfully completed many projects in collaboration with national/international institutions and organization.
Some of the recently concluded projects are:
- Integrating "CALL" & "TELL" for Spanish Pedagogy in Indian Curricula (2010-2011, Dr. Rajiv Saxena with support from Government of India and CIES, Washington DC, USA). Research Project.
- Digital Aspects of Acquisition of Spanish as a Foreign Language in India (2009-2011, Dr. Rajiv Saxena with support from University Grants Commission, Government of India). Research Project.
- Life & Adventures of San Francisco Javier (Aparajit Chattopadhyay with support from the University of Navarra, Spain). Translation Project.
- Editing and publishing of a volume on Contemporary Catalan Writers (Prof. Anil K. Dhingra, jointly with Prof. Ramon Bassa i Martin, with support from the Universitat de les Illes Balears & Institut Ramon Llull, Spain). Editing & Publishing.
- Translation of two Spanish/Catalan Literary volumes in Hindi (Prof. Anil Dhingra, jointly with Prof. Ramon Bassa i Martin, Dr. Prabhati Nautiyal & Dr. Alka Jaspal, with support from the Universitat de les Illes Balears & Institut Ramon Llull, Spain). Translation Project.
In addition, the faculty of the Centre has collaborated with the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Sahitya Akademy and other academic institutions involving projects of publication of books on Indo-Hispanic themes and Reception Studies.