The School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University has undertaken a flagship programme under the auspices of the University Grants Commission with the following objectives:
- Research, training and skills development of the faculty and research scholars through periodic discussion, workshop and summer/winter schools.
- Capacity building by adopting faculty and departments for augmenting their research skills and to mentor them.
- Hosting and facilitating researcher from other institutes/universities to carryout keys experiments.
- Augmentation of information resource facility of the department to provide quality research information to other institutes/researchers.
- To enhance and build state of the art in-house research infrastructure and other research facilities in the department.