Welcome to Jawaharlal Nehru University

Issue of University Certificates


I. Procedure prescribed for issue of Official transcripts:

  1. To make a written request to the University for issue of official transcripts to him/her mentioning the name and address of the Universities/Institutions to which he/she wants to send official transcripts for seeking admission for pursuing higher studies or for other purpose like award of fellowship/scholarship, seeking employment etc.
  2. The written request should be accompanied by photocopies of the testimonials, Envelopes containing the addresses of the Universities/Institutions to which the official transcripts are to be sent.
  3. The official transcripts duly sealed in the envelopes will be handed over to the concerned student or on an written authorization to his/her authorized representative. The official transcripts are to be sent to the concerned Universities/Institutions at his/her own cost.
  4. The official transcripts are issued free of cost to the student if the photocopies of the testimonials and envelopes are provided by him/her. In case the photocopies/envelopes are not provided by the student then the same will be issued by the University to him/her at the rate of ` 50/- per transcript.

II. Procedure for issue of Original Degree/Final Marksheet:

Above documents/certificates are issued to the students by the concerned School/Specialised Centre for which the students have to submit "No Dues Certificate" in the prescribed form available in the concerned School/Specialised Centre. For further details the students may contact the Admn. Officer of the School. For original degree no fee is payable by the students. However for getting the Final Grade Reports the students are required to pay a fee of ` 20/-. Similarly for issue of Semester Grade Report the students should contact the concerned Centre/School.

III. Procedure for issue of Provisional Degree and Migration Certificate:

  1. The students are required to make a request to the University in the form prescribed by the University for issue of Provisional Degree/Migration Certificate. Prescribed form can be downloaded here .
  2. The students are required to submit the same to the Evaluation Branch of the University after completing the necessary formalities such "No Dues Certificates" from the concerned School/Specialised Centre, concerned Hostel, Office of the Dean of Students and payment of fee prescribed for the University for issue of various certificates.

Welcome to Jawaharlal Nehru University
About the University

JNU at a Glance
Act & Statutes
Academic Ordinances
Rules & Regulations
Right to Information
Recognised Institutes
Intranet Portal
Annual Reports
Annual Accounts
JNU Parisar
JNU News
JNU Associations
Documentary film on JNU

M&CE Cell
IPM Cell
IER Board
Census Data Centre

Guest Houses
Convention Centre
Medical Facilities
Disability Support
Placement Cell

Financial Aid
Procedure for Univ. Certificate
Percentage Conversion Certificate
National Service Scheme
Intl. Students Association
SYLFF Fellowships
Fox Intl. Fellowship
Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
Nodal Officers
Jobs for Students
Special Fellowship for the year 2015-16
Fellowship/Awards/Sem./Conf./ Advt. outside JNU
National e-Scholarship Portal
Other Links

JNU Alumni
Statistical Data Fact Sheet
Information to MHRD/UGC
Parliament Questions
JNU Gender Relations Survey
JNU Helpdesk(e-Complaints)
UGC-Faculty Recharge Prog.
Project Administration & Finance Booklet
ABC Programme

JNU Mail / Apps (JNU GMail)
Careers at JNU
JNU Campus
Photo Gallery
Telephone Directory
Anti Ragging Squad
Engg. Department
Digital India
Good Governance Day
Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan