School of Computer & Systems Sciences
011 - 26738789
Ph.D. (Univ. Sheffield), M.Tech. (Univ. Roorkee), M.Sc. (Univ. Allahabad)
Areas of Interest/Specialization
Machine Learning, Multimedia & Software Systems, Scientometrics & Evo. Combinatorial Optimization.
Four decades of Experince in Research & Teaching:
- Professor, SC&SS, JNU, New Delhi, 2015 - Present.
- Professor, CSE, IIT Kharagpur, 2007 - 2015
- Visiting Professor, CSE, IIT Kanpur 2013 - 2014
- Associate Professor, CSE, IIT Kharagpur, 2000 - 2007
- Visiting Associate Professor, CSE, IIT Kanpur 2005 - 2006
- Visiting Design Engineer, Nat. Semiconductors Germany, 2002
- Professor, CSIS, BITS Pilani, 2000
- Associate Professor, CSIS, BITS Pilani, 1997 - 2000
- Scientist, Defence R & D Organization, DEAL Dehradun 1986 - 1994
- Scientist, Dept. of Sc. & Tech., Survey of India, Hyderabad / New Delhi, 1983 - 1986
Awards & Honours
- Test of Time Award (2022) in ACM’s iSoft/SigSoft's Innovations Softw. Engg. Conf. (ISEC) for ISEC's Paper (2011)
- Karamveer Award (2013)
- Supreme Court hailed as "Unsung Hero" for Improving the IITs Admission Processes (2011)
- RTI Citizen's Runner-up Award (2009)
- Commonwealth Scholarship (1994 - 1997)
- Principal Consultant, Object Oriented (C#/.NET centric) Courseware Development, Microsoft USA (2002 - 07)
- Co-Consultant, Software Tools for Embedded Systems, National Semiconductors, Germany (2003 - 06)
- Co-Consultant, Software Tools for CR Processors, National Semiconductors, Germany (2001 - 03)
Best Peer Reviewed Publications
- Gargi Mishra and Rajeev Kumar. An individual fairness based outlier detection ensemble. Pattern Recognition Letters 2023. Elsevier.
- Priti Kumari and Rajeev Kumar. Clustering scientometrics of computer science journals for subarea decomposition. Journal of Scientometric Research 2023.
- Sonam Chhikara and Rajeev Kumar. Information-theoretic steganalysis of processed image LSB Steganography. Multimedia Tools & Applications 82: 13595 – 13615, 2023. Springer.
- Roopam Sadh and Rajeev Kumar. Dimensional inadequacy of rankings: Exploring substantial and meta-quality dimensions for HEIs. Academia 26: 25-48, 2022. Higher Edu. Policy (HEP) Net, Europe.
- Sonal and Rajeev Kumar. A unification of heterogeneous data sources into a graph model in e-commerce. Data Science & Engineering 7(1): 57-70, March 2022. Springer.
- Akanksha Mukhriya and Rajeev Kumar. Building outlier detection ensembles by selective parameterization of heterogeneous methods. Pattern Recognition Letters 146C: 126 – 133, June 2021. Elsevier.
- Priti Kumari and Rajeev Kumar. Scientometric analysis of computer science publications in journals and conferences with publication patterns. Journal of Scientometric Research 9(1): 54-62, Jan- Apr 2020.
- Mahesh Shirole and Rajeev Kumar. UML behavioral model-based test case generation: A survey. ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes 38(4): July 2013. ACM Press.
- Rajeev Kumar and Nilanjan Banerjee. "Analysis of a multiobjective evolutionary algorithm on the 0-1 knapsack problem". Theoretical Computer Science 358 (1): 104 - 120, July 2006. Elsevier.
- Rajeev Kumar and PI Rockett. Multiobjective genetic algorithm partitioning for hierarchical learning of high dimensional pattern spaces: a Learning follows Decomposition strategy. IEEE Trans. Neural Networks (Special issue on Hybrid Intelligent Models) 9(5): 822 – 830, Sep 1998.
Recent Peer Reviewed Journals/Books
- Soham S. Chakraborty, Rajeev Kumar and PP Chakrabarti. Static Analysis and Optimization of Object Oriented Systems – Concepts and Approaches. 2012. Lap Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH, Germany.
- Sanjay Kumar Jena, Rajeev Kumar, Ashok Kumar Turuk, and Manoranjan Dash. Proc. Int. Conf. Communication, Computing and Security (Proc. ICCCS 2011: Edited Vol.), Rourkela, India, February 12-14, 2011. ACM Press.
- Sanjay Ranka, Srinivas Aluru, Rajkumar Buyya, Yeh-Ching Chung, Sumeet Dua, Ananth Grama, Sandeep K. S. Gupta, Rajeev Kumar, Vir V. Phoha: Contemporary Computing – 2nd Int. Conf., IC3 2009, Noida, India, August 17-19, 2009. Proceedings 2009 (Edited Vol.). Springer.
Patents (if any)