Commandants to Save Your PC and Printers
follow these to keep your PC’s in good working conditions
1. Never Switch Off your UPS, Supply from mains (not even at night). UPS should always be kept on so that batteries are fully recharged.
3. Never reply/open e-mails from unknown contacts it may be full of virus or hack your passwords or personal information in your PC.
4. Never get lured by advertisements of screensavers, wallpapers, matrimonial/ friendship sites, lotteries because these contains most dangerous types of viruses, worms, phishing agents and Trojans which may install lots of junk in your PC’s without your knowledge and keep adding such things to make your PC slower day by day.
5. Ensure that your PC has valid antivirus software installed in it. The antivirus updates should be run regularly at least once a week with internet connectivity. The automatic updates of virus definition must be kept on.
11. There are several websites ( like Trend-micro, McAfee, CA systems) that offer free virus scan for your computer. In case of an emergency you can make use of such free online virus scan software. Some of these can be searched through Google search.
21. Please avoid use of pirated/unauthorized software that may damage/modify the operating system files of your computer.