Ph.D French- JNU, Delhi
Professorat ,University of Nice ( France)
Diplôme supérieur d’études françaises , University of Nice (France)
MA French- JNU
Methodology of Teaching/Learning Language(s) and Culture(s) in a Multilingual Context, Translation Studies, Inter/Culture Studies, Applied Linguistics, Francophone Studies
More than thirty years of experience in teaching and research in French and Francophone Studies at JNU.
1. Appointed "Officier dans l’ordre des Palmes Academiques", Officer in the Order of Palms Academic -2009, by the Prime Minister of the French Republic for the promotion of French Language and Culture in India. This award was originally created by Napoleon in 1808 to honour eminent members of the University of France.
2. Gold medal and citation for contribution to French and Francophone Studies in India by the Association of Teachers of French in India- 2010
3. Faculty Enrichment Fellowship by Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute- 2006.
4. French Government Fellowship for doctoral research and documentation -1994.
5. French Government Scholarship for specialising in language teaching methodologies -1979.
6. French Government Scholarship- 1978
1. Worked as language expert (lexicographer) for the preparation of Hindi-French Dictionary in a project sponsored by Hindi Directorate, Ministry of Education, New Delhi (1984-1988)
2. Translated Hindi and Punjabi proverbs into French for a project on proverbs supervised by Prof. Bentolila Paris III, France (1990-91)
3. Co-authored a French textbook and pedagogical material ( Entre Jeunes- 1 and Guide pedagogique ) based on communicative approach for the CBSE Board ( 1999-2003)
4. Worked as language expert (lexicographer) for the preparation of French-Hindi Dictionary in a project sponsored by Hindi Directorate, Ministry of Education, New Delhi (2000-2005)
5. Collaborated with Professor Fernand Ouellet (Sherbrooke University, Quebec) on a translation project of Premchand’s novel, Godan into French, published by L’Harmattan, France, 2006
6. Nominated as a language consultant for the revision and moderation of a French text book ( Envol 1 and II), prescribed by the National Secondary Board Nepal for the Secondary Schools in Nepal , 2004
7. Collaborated with Professor Fernand Ouellet for a translation project on Premchand’s select short stories into French: La marche vers la liberté, L’Harmattan, 2008
8. As language consultant, prepared Certificate Programme in French for Hindiphone and Anglophone learners. -Project sponsored by IGNOU. 2008-2009
9. Collaborated with Professor Fernand Ouellet on a translation of Premchand’s novel, Rangbhoomi : Rangbhoomi-le théâtre des héros into French, L’Harmattan, 2010
10. Worked as language expert (lexicographer) Hindi- French Dictionary (20,000 entries) Project, sponsored by Central Hindi Directorate, Ministry of Human Resource Development,( 2011-2014)
11. Collaborated with Professor Fernand Ouellet and his team from Sherbrooke University, Quebec on translation projects : Premchand’s novel, Gaban and An anthology of short stories :Les joueurs d’echecs, published in French by Langers International, Delhi, 2017
1. "Translating Hybrid Texts in/on Cosmopolitan Spaces : A case of French Quebecker Texts in Secular Hindi" in JSL ,eds. Prasad GJV, Special Issue on Translation Studies , JNU, Delhi Autumn 2008.
2. "Translating Voiceless Voices: Choices and Challenges" in Negotiating Glocalization : Views from Language , Literature and Culture Studies, eds. Bhaduri Saugata., Anthem Press, 2008.
3. << La médiation culturelle à travers les traductions françaises des œuvres littéraires indiennes >> in Les mouvements sociaux à l’épreuve de l’interculturel, eds. Hajji Nabil et Lescarret Odette, L’Harmattan, Paris, 2015
4. << La recherche en didactique du FLE en contexte indien : enjeux et perspectives >> in Contextualisations . 20 ans de FLES, eds. Defays Jean-Marc et al. Proximités, EME, Bruxelles, 2015
5. << L’image des femmes dalit dans la littérature hindi >> in Rencontre avec l’Inde, ICCR , eds. Ramakrishna S. tome 45, numéro 1, 2016.
1. French-Hindi Dictionary , Central Hindi Directorate, Ministry of Education, Delhi, 2006
2. Indradhanoush: An Anthology of Indian Short Stories Translated into French, co. eds. with Stéphanie Fabre, (with "Introduction"), Shubda Publications, Delhi. 2008
3. << Le rôle des médiateurs culturels dans la construction des identités, dans les œuvres indiennes en français >> in Frontières et médiations, Cahiers de l’EDIQ, eds. Boucher Colette et al. Vol 3, numéro 1, 2016