2003-2008: PhD (Plant Molecular Biology) from University of Delhi, South Campus, New Delhi
2001-2003: MSc (Botany) Gold Medalist, G.N.D.U., Amritsar
1998-2001: BSc Medical, H.M.V. College, Jalandhar
Crop genetics & Informatics - Feedstock improvement for biofuels
02/2015 - Till date UGC-Assistant Professor, School of Computational and Integrative Sciences, JNU, New Delhi, India
03/2014 - 02/2015 Ramalingaswami Fellow, School of Life Sciences, JNU, New Delhi, India
05/2009 - 02/2014 Postdoctoral Researcher at Department of Plant Pathology, University of California
12/2008 - 04/2009 Senior Research Fellow at University of Delhi South Campus, Delhi, India
* Selected as UGC-Assistant Professor under UGC-Faculty Recharge Program.
* Ramalingaswami Re-entry fellowship 2014-2019, by the Department of Biotechnology, India
* Review Editor, Frontiers in Plant Biotechnology.
* Editor and Reviewer for Academy Journals, Academy Publishing, USA.
* Certificate of appreciation for witnessing Republic Day Parade, 2005 as guest of Honorable Prime Minister of India in recognition of academic performance in post-graduation.
1) Sharma R., Agarwal P., Ray S., Deveshwar P., Sharma P., Sharma N., Nijhawan A., Jain M., Singh A.K., Singh V.P., Khurana J.P., Tyagi A.K. & Kapoor S. (2012) Expression dynamics of metabolic and regulatory components across stages of panicle and seed development in indica rice. Funct Integr Genomics, 12 (2),229-248.
Sharma R., Cao P., Jung K.H., Sharma M.K. & Ronald P.C. (2013) Construction of a rice glycoside hydrolase phylogenomic database and identification of targets for biofuel research. Frontiers in Plant Biotechnology. 4, 330.
Rice Nucleic Acid Sequences Associated With Panicle Development and Uses Thereof