M.A., M.Phil; Ph.D., Post Doc. Fellow (IISER, Mohali),
PG Diploma in Environmental Law & Policy ( from NLU, New Delhi & WWF-India)
Human Ecology; Environmental Impact Assessment and Management; Environmental Management and nature conservation; Science Society and nature Study; Landscape development and management.
1. Assistant Professor, Deptt. of General & Applied Geography, School of Applied Sciences, Dr. H.S. Gour Central University, Sagar (M.P.)-India (May 2013-July 2017).
2. Research Associate (Post Doc. Fellow), Indian Institute of Science Education & Research, (IISER) Mohali-India (August 2011-May 2013).
3. Sr. Project Officer, WWF-India, Field Office, Shimla-India (April, 2008-July 2011).
4. Sr. Research Fellow, G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment & Sustainable Development (MoEF, GOI), Himachal Unit, Mohal-Kullu (H.P.)-India (October, 2005- March, 2008).
* Fellowship from UNESCO-IHE for pursuing Online Course on Faecal Sludge Management, March, 2016.
* MEMBER: Subject Expert Advisory Committee for the preparation of Dictionary of Geography. Commission for Scientific & Technical Terminology, MHRD, Deptt. of Higher Education, Govt. of India since, 2014.
* UGC Post Doc Fellowship, 2013 (No. F./PDFSS-2012-13-ST-HIM-1958) awarded but not accepted due to joining as regular faculty.
* Approved Empanelled Expert (EIA) by National Accreditation Board for Education & Training (NABET), Quality Council of India for Socio-economic Sector (Functional Area), 2012-13.
* National Young Geographer Award-2011 (First Dr. Saminderjeet Singh Young Geographers National Awrard for 2011) by Association of Punjab Geographers (APG).
* Post Doctorate Fellowship- Indian Institute of Science Education & Research, (IISER), Mohali (An autonomous Institute of Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India), August, 2011-May, 2013.
* Sponsorship from University of Cambridge, U.K. and WWF-India to participate in 11th Student Conference on Conservation Science, Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, U.K. March 18-27, 2011.
* Sharma, S., Kuniyal J.C. (2016) Hydropower development and policies in India: A case of Himachal Pradesh in northwestern Himalaya, India. Energy Sources, Part B: Economics, Planning, and Policy. Vol. 11(4): 377–384 (Taylor & Francis, ISSN:-1556-7249).
* Sharma, S. (2015) Impacts of Hydropower Construction Project on Economically Important plants in the upper Beas Valley, Himachal Pradesh. Transactions, Vol. 37 (1): 120-132. (ISSN: 0970-9851).
* Kuniyal, J.C., Thakur, A., Thakur, H. K., Sharma, S., Pant, P., Rawat, P.S. and Moorthy, K.K. (2009) Aerosol optical depths at Mohal-Kullu in the northwestern Indian Himalayan high altitude station during ICARB, Journal of Earth Science System, 118 (1): 41-49 (Springer Journal, ISSN:-0253-4126).
* Sharma, S. and Butola, J.S (2008) Role of Minor Forest Produce in the livelihoods of Gaddis: a Tribal Community in Bharmour region, Himachal Pradesh, India. International Journal of Forest Usufructs Management, 9 (2): 68-83, (ISSN:-0972-3927).
* Sharma, S., Kuniyal J.C. and Sharma, J.C. (2007) Assessment of manmade and natural hazards in the surroundings of hydropower projects under construction in the Beas valley of northwestern Himalaya’’. Journal of Mountain Science, 4 (3): 221-236 (Springer Journal, ISSN:-1672-6316).
* Sharma, S., Kaushik, S.P. (2016) Public participation in environment management and planning for implementing hydropower projects in the upper Beas basin, northwestern Himalaya. The Geographers, Vol. 63 (1): 93- 102, (ISSN: 0072-0909).
* Sharma, S. and Kuniyal J.C. (2013) Ambient Air Quality and Health Status during Construction of Hydropower projects in the Hilly Region of Kullu Valley, Himachal Pradesh. Transactions, Vol. 35 (1): 13-24. (ISSN: 0970-9851).
* Thaplyal, V., Sharma, S. and Batt, A.B. (2012) Sacred groves as ethnobotanical gene pools in tribal areas of the western Himalayas in India: case study of Kinnaur district in Himachal Pradesh. The Indian Forester. Vol. 138 (1): 70-83. (ISSN:-0019-4816).