CITD Seminars for Monsoon 2019
31st: Dr. Susmita Dasgupta, World Bank
Title: Health effects of sustained exposure to fine particulate matter: Evidence from India (joint with Sangeeta Bansal)
4th: Khushboo Aggarwal,PhD student, CITD
Title: Still Waters Run Deep: Groundwater Arsenic Contamination & Education Outcomes in India (joint with Rashmi Barua & Marian Vidal-Fernandez
18th: Kavita Sardana, Assistant Professor, TERI
Title: Welfare impact of ad hoc truncation and homogenous preferences: an application to the on-site recreational model
16th: Priyanka Yadav, PhD student, CITD
Title: The Merit of Private Provision of Merit goods: Econometric evidence from the Indian HEalthcare sector (joint with Amit S. Ray)
23rd: Prof. Ramprasad Sengupta ( Professor Emeritus, JNU)
Title: Entropy Law and Social Dimension of Economic Growth
CITD Seminars for Winter 2019
23rd: Prarthna Aggarwal Goel (Assistant Professor, IP University)
Title: Female Education, Marital Assortative Mating and Dowry: Theory and Evidence from India
6th: Shivani Gupta (PhD Candidate)
Title:Effect of Overweight and Obesity on Diabetes: An Evidence from India
13th: M Rahul (PhD Candidate)
Title:Choice of License for an Open Source Software
3rd Anirban Kar (Delhi School of Economics)
Title: Local institutional structure and clientelistic access to employment: the case of MGNREGS in three states of India
CITD Seminars for Monsoon 2018
5th: Ashok Guha, Professor Emeritius, CITD, JNU
Title: Some Results on Intertemporal Utility functions
12th: Aishwarya Harichandan, PhD Candidate, CITD
Title: Terrorism in a game theoretic framework
26th: Amit S. Ray, Professor, CITD, JNU
Title:Drivers of Knowledge Exchange from Indian Universities: The Role of Signaling under Asymmetric Information
17th: Mandira Sarma, Associate Professor, CITD, JNU
Title: Effectiveness of Agricultural Derivatives Markets in India: A study of the Chickpea futures markets
24th: Arjita Chandna, PhD Candidate, CITD, JNU
Title: Intrahousehold Allocation and Food Security
31st: Priyanta Ghosh ( joint with ALokesh Barua and Aparna Sawhney)
Title: The Role of Home Market on Export Participation: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing
15th: Malvika Mahesh, PhD candidate, CITD, JNU
Title: Crime and Credit constraints: Evidence from a Microfinance crisis in India
CITD Seminars for winter 2018
24th: Devasmita Jena, PhD Canidate, CITD
Title- Trade and Income Convergence: Empirical Evidence from the EU and the ASEAN
31st: Vinay Yadav, PhD Candidate, CITD
Title- Credit market intervention and Economic growth: A case study of India's priority sector lending policy
7th: Sushama Murty, Professor, CITD, JNU
21st: Subhra Bhattacharya, Assistant professor, Shiv Nadar University
Title: Asymmetric Agents and Dynamic Voluntary Contributions to Public Goods
14th: Kanika Mahajan, Assistant Professor, Ashoka University
Title: Reducing Crime against Women: Are Alcohol Sale Restrictions Effective?
25th: Madhav S. Aney, Assistant Professor, Singapore Management University
Title: Rule by ordinances: Minority governments and decree power in India
CITD Seminars for Monsoon 2017
16th: Prarthna Aggarwal Goel (PhD Candidate, CITD, JNU)
“Age-Specific Sex Ratio and Crime: Instrumental Variable Evidence from India”
23rd: Kaushik Deb, BP
"Statistical Review of World Energy"
30th: Kavita Sardana (Assistant Professor, TERI University)
“Tourists’ Willingness to Pay for Restoration of Traditional Agro-Forest Ecosystems providing Biodiversity: Evidence from India”
13th: Dr. Shailaja Thakur (Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi) and Amit S Ray (Professor, CITD, JNU)
"Indigenous Entrepreneurial Performance in Mizoram (India): Role of tribal culture and failure of policy incentives"
20th: Suchismita Tarafdar (Assistant Professor, SNU)
"Generalized Envelope Theorems: Applications to Dynamic Programming"
11th: Pavel Chakraborty (Assistant Professor, CITD, JNU)
"Organize to Innovate: Intellectual Property Regimes, Technology Adoption and Firm Structure"
1st: Madhu Khanna (Professor, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign)
"Effects of Ethanol Plant Proximity and Crop Prices on Land-Use Change in the United States"
CITD Seminars for Monsoon 2016
10th: Kollapuri M
Ph.D. Research Scholar, Centre for International Trade and Development
Impact of Bank Consolidation on Banks' Efficiency: An Empirical Study from India
17th: Dr. Samuel Asher
Post Doctoral Fellow, University of Oxford
Market Access and Structural Transformation: Evidence from Rural Roads in India
31st Prof. B. L. Pandit
Guest Professor, CITD
Policy Rates of Interest
14th: Prof. Sebastian Dullien
Rethinking Development Strategies after the crisis:What characterizes top growth performers?
21st: Samik Chowdhury
(Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi)
Health Financing in India – Issues and Challenges
28th: Farzana Afridi
Exposing Corruption: How does electoral competition effect politician behavior?
2nd: Rigzin Yangdol
(PhD Research Scholar, CITD, JNU)
Determinants of Access to Financial Services: A Cross Country Study
16th: Pavel Chakraborty
The Impact of Chinese Competition on Product Variety of Indian Firms
CITD Seminars for Winter 2016
January 13th: Rigzin Yangdol
PhD Candidate, CITD, JNU
"Outreach and Sustainability of Microfinance Institutions in India, 2012"
January 27th: Suchismita Tarafdar
Assistant Professor, Shiv Nadar University
"Fiscal Policy in an Emerging Market Business Cycle Model"
February 3rd: Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay (ISI, Delhi)
Associate Professor, ISI, Delhi
"Tertiary Education and Prosperity: Catholic Missionaries to Luminosity in India"
February 10th: Sabyasachi Das (ISI, Delhi)
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi
"Social Network, Political Engagement, and Collective Action: Evidence from Rural India"
February 17th: PhD Synopsis Presentations
March 1st: Professor Roger Guesnerie
Paris School of Economics
"Questions Behind Climate Policies"
March 2nd: Deepti Goel (Delhi School of Economics)
Assistant Professor, Delhi School of Economics
"Caste Identity and Institutions: Perceptions About Remunerative Earnings from Self-Employment in India"
March 18th: Dr Axel Michaelowa
"Market mechanisms in international climate policy – between economic efficiency and political considerations"
March 23rd: Katharina Michaelowa (University of Zurich)
Professor, University of Zurich
"Transnational Climate Initiatives: Designed for Effective Climate Change Mitigation?"
March 30th: Debasis Mondal (IIT, Delhi)
Assistant Professor (Economics), IIT Delhi
April 6th: Yashobanta Parida (CITD, JNU)
List of seminars held at CITD, 2013:
1. Priya Bhagowalia (Associate Professor, Ambedkar University, Delhi) presented on "Does Child Undernutrition Persist Despite Poverty Reduction in Developing Countries?" on 23 April, 2013.
2. Divya Datt, Research Scholar, CITD, SIS, JNU presented on "Environmental Policy in a Federation with Special Interest Politics and Intergovernmental Fiscal Incentives" on 20 February 2013.
3. Alokesh Barua (Professor, CITD, JNU) presented on 'Trade and Wage Inequality: A Specific Factor Model with Intermediate Goods' on 30 January, 2013.
List of seminars held at CITD, 2011 – 2012:
1. Dil Bahadur Rahut (Faculty of Economics, South Asian University, New Delhi) presented on 'Nonfarm Employment and Rural Welfare: Evidence from the Himalayas' on 19 Sept, 2012.
2. Ashok Guha (Guest Professor, CITD, JNU) presented on 'Reversal of Fortune Revisited: the Geography of Transport and the Changing Balance of World Economic Power' on 05 Sept, 2012.
3. Sanchari Roy (Postdoctoral Research Fellow, CAGE and Department of Economics, University of Warwick, UK) presented on 'Motivating Knowledge Agents: Financial Incentives versus Social Proximity' on 22 August, 2012
4. Sujata Basu (Research Scholar, CITD, JNU) presented on 'Endogenous Human Capital Formation, Distance to Frontier and Growth' on 30 March 2012
5. Sourabh Bikas Paul (Associate Fellow, NCAER) presented on 'Distributional Effects of Tariff Reforms in India' on 16 March 2012.
6. Gurbachan Singh (Visiting Faculty, Planning Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi) presented a seminar on "`Systemic' flight to quality from emerging economies, and enabled international credit lines" on 3 February, 2012.
7. Tara Shankar Shaw (guest faculty member, CITD, JNU) presented on "Does Food Subsidy Affect the Nutrition of the Household: Some Evidences from Indian Public Distribution System" on 20 January 2012.
8. Workshop on "Non parametric methods" by Monica Das, Skidmore College, USA, during 11-12 January, 2012
9. Siddhartha Chattopadhyay presented on 'Monetary Policy Switching to Avoid a Liquidity Trap' on 9 November 2011.
10. Tridip Sharma (Professor, ITAM, Mexico) presented his theoretical findings on "Transparency of Deliberations" on 1 November 2011.
11. Takahiro Sato (Associate Professor, Kobe University, Japan) presented a seminar titled "The Effect of Corruption on Manufacturing Sectors in India" on 21 October 2011.