All applications have to be generated via the IBKP online portal (https://ibkp.dbtindia.gov.in/Login/Login) and submitted to the IBSC for consideration. The IBSC will meet at least twice in a year, or more if required, to review all the received applications. Based on the comments for clarifications/revisions, and accordingly, the applicants must submit a revised application for approval. Applicants are expected to be available during the meeting for clarification /discussion, if required by the IBSC. Only the application providing the complete details along with all the required documents as per the IBSC guidelines in a single PDF file submitted to email@example.com will be considered in the meeting.
Detailed guidelines for preparation of project for submission and implementation, investigators must consult the DBT Handbook for Institutional Biosafety Committees (IBSCs), Third Revised Edition, September 2020.
A detailed overview along with instructions and demo for filling and submitting the application was given in the recent workshops conducted by the IBSC JNU and the DBT-RCGM. A quick SOP for the Application Submission Guidelines and approval process is given below. You are requested to prepare and submit the application accordingly.
Submission of IBSC Application
All the IBSC applications are to be generated online via IBKP portal (https://ibkp.dbtindia.gov.in/Login/Login)
USER Login at IBKP Portal
First time users need to request to IBSC JNU office at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the credentials.
Subject line: Request for Login credentials at IBKP portal
Give the following details in the e-mail.
- Full name
- School/Centre name
- E-mail ID (valid and frequently used)
- Once registered by the IBSC, the credentials are sent directly to the user at the registered e-mail ID.
- Keep the credentials safe and confidential.
- Login password can be changed by the user.
- The credentials will be required for each login to the IBSC portal, tracking your application, reply to any queries raised by the IBSC/RCGM
- Same credentials are to be used for submission of future applications.
Submission of application to IBSC
- Select a suitable category (Agriculture Biotechnology or Medical Biotechnology) from the drop down menu at the center of the webpage.
- Click on the suitable application link as per the requirement for which IBSC approval is sought. For example, for R & D projects click on the “To carryout Research & Development”.
- The form should be complete in all respects and all fields/sections should be filled adequately avoiding “NA” until totally irreverent to the proposed work.
- ONLY the regular JNU faculty can be an applicant in the IBSC applications. All the IBSC applications MUST be verified and submitted by the JNU faculty only.
- While filling keep saving the form at regular intervals. After filling the form click VERIFY and the completely filled application will be displayed.
- DOWNLOAD the filled form in PDF format. DO NOT SUBMIT the form at this stage.
- Insert your signature and stamp at the designated place.
- Make a single PDF file of the IBSC application and all the requisite documents (attachments/annexures including sequence/vector accession numbers/details etc. or any other appropriate information).
- All applications for BSL-III project proposals must include the recommendation and endorsement from the RCGM-certified BSL-III facility only as per RCGM guidelines.
- Only the complete and readable applications strictly in the proper format along with all the annexures/attachments (as per instructions/guidelines given by RCGM, IBSC webpage and/or sent from time to time) will be taken up in all future meetings.
- Send the complete IBSC application in a single PDF file via e-mail to email@example.com for consideration by the IBSC (Subject line: Application for New IBSC Proposal).