- Grants from the Ford Foundation for the Centre’s academic activities:
- First Phase: successfully completed 2005.
- Second Phase: successfully competed 2011.
- Endowment Grant to fund a Visiting Professorial Fellowship in Law and Governance from the Ford Foundation.
- Grant from Tata Education Trust for a Specialised Library on Law and Governance.
Individual Faculty Research Grants
- The Role of Governance in the Resolution of Socioeconomic and Political Conflict in India and Europe (CORE). European Commission - 2011-2013 (Dr Amit Prakash).
- Princeton University Project on State-Building in the Developing World. (2009-13) Co-Director of Asian hub: Prof. Niraja Gopal Jayal.
- 6th Round of ICSSR Research Survey and Explorations in Political Science on the Thematic volume titled India and World – 2010-11 (Dr. Amit Prakash).
- Governance Knowledge Centre for Capacity Building for the Poor with the Department of Administrative Reforms, Govt. of India & DfID (Prof. Amita Singh).
- Nationwide Survey of Women’s Participation in Panchayati Raj Institutions, sponsored by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India. (2007-08) (Niraja Gopal Jayal).
- Dialogue on Democracy and Pluralism in South Asia. Ford Foundation (2003-2007) (Prof. Niraja Gopal Jayal).
- Mapping Indicators of Governance in India. Ford Foundation (2003-2008). (Dr. Amit Prakash).
- Grant from the British Council to develop academic collaboration with the University of Lancaster (Dr Amit Prakash).
- Grant from Department of Administrative Reforms, Government of India for research project on E-Governance Projects and Process of Administrative Reforms (Prof Amita Singh).
- Grant from Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Government of India for research project on Telecom Regulations and Consumer Protection: Case Study of Bangalore, Chennai and NCR (Prof Amita Singh & Dr Jaivir Singh).
- Poverty, Employment and Food Security to Tea Garden Workers in North Bengal, with NALSA and Matri Raksha Sangha of WB (Prof. Amita Singh).
- Tribal Rights in Jharkhand. UNDP Project (2006) (Dr. Amit Prakash).