Erstwhile the School of Information Technology (SIT) established in the year 2001 and renamed as School of Computational and Integrative Sciences (SC&IS) in 2010, the School carries out teaching and research in the inter-disciplinary areas of computational genomics, bioinformatics & drug discovery, database management & systems biology, high performance computing and artificial intelligence. The aim of the School is to innovate and integrate computational and analytical approaches adopted in different branches of sciences to find solutions. Rapid advancement in science and the cutting edge technologies enable and drive research in a big way, providing the opportunity to innovate. The School’s academic and research programs are currently focused on the core area of computational and systems biology with future emphasis on the study of complex systems, high density data analysis, theoretical biophysical chemistry and computational neurosciences.
Thrust Areas for research :
- Computational Genomics
- Development of Tools in Bioinformatics
- Structure based Bioinformatics and in silico Drug Discovery
- Systems Biology
- Statistical Modeling
- Systems Biology
- Complex System Studies
- Crop Genetics & Informatics
- Machine/deep learning for Biological Data Analysis
- Mathematical Biology
- Computational RF and Antenna
- Biomolecular Simulations
- Computational Biophysics
- High-Throughput Sequencing Data Analysis/Genome Informatics
- Petri Nets and Graph Theory
- Applications are invited for the post of Project Scientist-1 in the DBT funded project
- Courses to be offered for Winter Semester 2022 to new students (M.Sc & PGD) admitted in Academic Session 2021-22
Courses : We offer.....
The School of Computational and Integrative Sciences (formerly the School of Information Technology), Jawaharlal Nehru University, presently hosts the Center for Computational & Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, a Center of Excellence of the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, and the Center for Complex Systems, introduced in the XIIth Plan by UGC. The School has been offering programs in Computational & Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, Complex Systems & Big Data Analyses. The School has encouraged intake from multiple disciplines into these programs - Information Technology, Bioinformatics, the Life Sciences/Biotechnology, the Physical and Chemical Sciences, among others.
Minimum of 55% in the qualifying degree.