Ph.D. (1996): Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics and Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India.
Post M.Sc. Associateship (Biosciences) 1988: Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Calcutta, India.
M. Sc. (Chemistry)1986 (held in 1987): Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India.
Environmental Microbiology, Antimicrobial Agent Discovery and Development, Bioaerosol
Oct 2012 - till date: Professor, School of Environmental Sciences, JNU, New Delhi, India.
Oct 2006 - Oct 2012: Associate Professor, School of Environmental Sciences, JNU, New Delhi, India.
Postdoctoral Research (1996-2006)
2003-2006, LA Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor-UCLA, California, U.S.A.
2000-2003, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
1996-1997, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A.
Senior Research Fellow: Saha Institute Of Nuclear Physics, Calcutta, India.
Senior Research Associate: Saha Institute Of Nuclear Physics, Calcutta, India.
Senior Research Associate: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India.
Post-Doctoral Research Associate: LA Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor-UCLA, California, U.S.A.
Post-Doctoral Research Associate: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A.
- “Interaction of Alpha-Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone with Staphylococcus aureus: Mechanism of Bactericidal Activity”, Indian Council of Medical Research. 2008-2011.
- “Adaptive Responses of Staphylococcus aureus to Host Cationic Antimicrobial Peptides. Department of Biotechnology. 2009-2012.
- “Structure Activity Relationship of Alpha Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone: Mechanism of Staphylocidal Activity”. Indian Council of Medical Research. 2012-2015.
- “Determination of Microbial load in the Urban Aerosols of Delhi with Special Reference to Selected Pathogenic Microorganisms”. UPEII scheme, JNU. 2014-2019, India.
- Palmitoylated α-Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone (-MSH) based peptidomimetics against biofilm embedded Staphylococcus aureus” DST-SERB, India. Nov 2017-Jan 2021.
- “Reviving the Abandoned Antibiotics using Analogues of Alpha-Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus” Department of Biotechnology, India (Oct 2018 to Oct 2021).
1. Arnold S. Bayer, LA Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor-UCLA, California, U.S.A.
2. Dhananjay Yadav, Department of Medical Biotechnology, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, South Korea
- Sana Mumtaz, Swastik Behera, Kasturi Mukhopadhyay*, “Lipidated Short Analogue of α‑Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone Exerts Bactericidal Activity against the Stationary Phase of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus and Inhibits Biofilm Formation”. ACS Omega, 2020, 5, 28425−284405.
- Himani Kumari, Trina Chakraborty, Madhuri singh*, Maneet Kumar Chakrawarti, Kasturi Mukhopadhyay*, “Prevalence and Antibiogram of Coagulase Negative Staphylococci in Bioaerosols from Different Indoors of a University in India”. BMC Microbiology, 2020, 20:211.
- Maneet Kumar Chakrawarti, Madhuri Singh, Vijay Pal Yadav, Kasturi Mukhopadhyay*. “Temporal Dynamics of Air Bacterial Communities in a University Health Centre Using Illumina MiSeq Sequencing”. Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 2020, 20: 966–980: Special Session on Better Air Quality in Asia (I)
- Gagandeep, Prince Kumar, Shamseer Kulangara Kandia, Kasturi Mukhopadhyay*. Diwan S. Rawat*, “Synthesis of Novel Monocarbonyl Curcuminoids, Evaluation of Their Efficacy against MRSA, Including Ex vivo Infection Model and Their Mechanistic Studies.” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2020, 195: 112276
- Jyotsna Singh, Sana Mumtaz, Seema Joshi and Kasturi Mukhopadhyay*, “In Vitro and Ex Vivo Efficacy of Novel Trp-Arg Rich Analogue of α-MSH Against Staphylococcus aureus”. ACS Omega, 2020, 5: 3258−3270.
- Prince Kumar, Shamseer Kulangara, Kandi, Sunny Manohar, Kasturi Mukhopadhyay*, Diwan S. Rawat*. “Monocarbonyl curcuminoids with improved stability as antibacterial agents against Staphylococcus aureus and their mechanistic studies” ACS Omega, 2019, 4 (1): 675-687.
- Aftab Hossain Mondal, Dhananjay Yadav, Sayani Mitra, Kasturi Mukhopadhyay*, “Biosynthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Using Culture Supernatant of Shewanella sp. ARY1 and Their Antibacterial Activity”. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2020, 15: 8295–8310.
- Tanmoy Saha, Prince Kumar, Nayim Sepay, Durba Ganguly, Kanchan Tiwari, Kasturi Mukhopadhyay*, Saurabh Das*, “Multi-targeting antibacterial activity of a synthesized Mn2+ complex of Curcumin on a Gram-positive and a Gram-negative bacterial strains”. ACS Omega, 2020, 5, 16342−16357.