B. Sc. (Chemistry Hons.), M.Sc. (Biochemistry), Ph. D. (Molecular Parasitology)
Bacterial/Parasite/Mammalian DNA replication and cell cycle regulation
Elected member, Guha Research Conference (2007)
Elected Fellow, National Academy of Sciences, India (2011)
Elected Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences (2015)
Elected Fellow, Indian National Science Academy (2015)
Elected fellow, Academy of Microbiological Sciences, AMI (2023)
Featured in National Television (Rajyasabha TV) for popularization of Science (2015)
Training grant in emerging infectious diseases, NIH, USA (1998)
Post-doctoral fellowship in breast cancer research, Dept. of Army, USA (2000-03)
International Senior Research Fellowship, Wellcome Trust, London (2005-10)
Swarnajayanti Fellowship, Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of India (2008-13)
Alexander Von Humboldt Fellowship, Germany (2008)
Wellcome Trust DBT senior Research fellowship (2010)
J C BOSE National Fellowship awarded by DST, Govt of India (2022)
National Biosciences award for career development awarded by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India (2010)
Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award in Biological Sciences (2012)
President’s award for Excellence in Research as a member of Parasitology group in JNU (2015)
Selected for Platinum Jubilee Award lecture at 107th Indian Science Congress, 2020
M Shadaksharaswamy Endowment Lecture Award” awarded by Society of Biological Chemists (India) (2021)
- Dana S, Prusty D, Dhayal D, Gupta MK, Dar A, Sen S, Mukhopadhyay P, Adak T, Dhar SK. (2014) The potent Anti-malarial activity of Acriflavine in vitro and in vivo. ACS Chem Biol. 9:2366-73. (IF 4.5).
- Sharma A, Kamran M, Verma V, Dasgupta S, Dhar SK. (2014) Intracellular Locations of Replication Proteins and the Origin of Replication during Chromosome Duplication in the Slowly Growing Human Pathogen Helicobacter pylori. J Bacteriol. 196:999-1011. Journal cover article. (IF 2.9).
- Verma V, Kumar A, Nitharwal RG, Alam J, Mukhopadhyay AK, Dasgupta S, Dhar SK. (2016) Modulation of the enzymatic activities of replicative helicase (DnaB) by interaction with Hp0897: a possible mechanism for helicase loading in Helicobacter pylori. Nucleic Acids Res. 44:3288-303 (IF: 19.1).
- Agarwal M, Bhowmick K, Shah K, Krishnamachari A, Dhar SK. (2017) Identification and characterization of ARS-like sequences as putative origin(s) of replication in human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum. FEBS J. 284:2674-2695. (IF: 5.5)
- Kamran M, Dubey P, Verma V, Dasgupta S, Dhar SK. (2018) Helicobacter pylori shows asymmetric and polar cell divisome assembly associated with DNA replisome. FEBS J. 285:2531-2547. (IF: 5.5)
- Sharma R, Sharma B, Gupta A, Dhar SK. (2018) Identification of a novel trafficking pathway exporting a replication protein, Orc2 to nucleus via classical secretory pathway in Plasmodium falciparum. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 1865:817-829. (IF: 4.1)
- Kumar A, Saha A, Verma VK, Dhar SK. (2019) Helicobacter pylori helicase loader protein Hp0897 shows unique functions of N- and C-terminal regions. Biochem J. 476:3261-3279. (IF: 3.8)
- Bhowmick K, Tehlan A, Sunita, Sudhakar R, Kaur I, Sijwali PS, Krishnamachari A, Dhar SK. (2020) Plasmodium falciparum GCN5 acetyltransferase follows a novel proteolytic processing pathway that is essential for its function. J Cell Sci. 133(1):jcs236489. (IF: 4.1).
- Tehlan A, Bhowmick K, Kumar A, Subbarao N, Dhar SK. (2022) The tetrameric structure of Plasmodium falciparum phosphoglycerate mutase is critical for optimal enzymatic activity. J Biol Chem. 298:101713. (IF: 5.1).
- Shekhar S, Verma S, Gupta MK, Roy SS, Kaur I, Krishnamachari A, Dhar SK. (2023) Genome-wide binding sites of Plasmodium falciparum mini chromosome maintenance protein MCM6 show new insights into parasite DNA replication. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 1870:119546. doi: 10.1016/j.bbamcr.2023.119546. (IF: 5.0)
Total Published Research Articles in National/International Journals: >80
Total Published Abstracts in National/International Journals: >20
- US Patent Application Approved by US Patent Office on "GEMININ AND ORC3N INHIBIT REPLICATION OF HERPESVIRUSES, PAMILOMAVIRUSES AND POLYOMAVIRUSES" BY DUTTA, A AND DHAR S.K. No. B0801.70253US00 (2003)
- US Patent Application Approved by US Patent Office on “METHOD OF SCREENING ANTI-PLASMODIAL ACTIVITY OF ACRIFLAVIN AND ACRIFLAVIN AS AN ANTI-MALARIAL AGENT. By DHAR SK et al. 20150216853. (2016)
- Indian patent application filed “ACRIFLAVINE HYDROCHLORIDE AS A POTENT HELICOBACTER PYLORI GROWTH INHIBITOR” No 202011021298 (2020). By DHAR SK et al.