1. Ph.D. on the topic of "Sohrab Sepahri`s contribution to the Modern Persian poetry", Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (India), 2002
2. Pre-Ph.D. (wrote a research paper on the topic of "Allegory in Modern Persian poetry", Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (India), 1997
3. M.A. in Persian, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 1996
4. M.A. in History, IGNOU, New Delhi, 2010
5. B.A. (Hons.) in Geography, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 1994
6. Persian Language and Literature Enhancement Course (Advanced Level),Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran, 2001
7. Junior Research Fellowship or JRF (Persian), UGC, New Delhi, June 1997
8. National Eligibility Test or NET (Urdu), UGC, New Delhi, Dec.1996.
9. Diploma in Arabic, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, 1993
10. Advance Diploma in Urdu Mass Media, JNU, New Delhi, 2001
11. Advance Persian Refresher Course, IK International University, Qazvin, Iran, 2015
Indo-Persian Studies; Comparative Literature, Modern Persian Literature and Translation; Persian sources of History and Culture; Sufism; Persian/Urdu Poetry; Bedil & Amir Khusrau.
1. Associate Professor, Centre of Persian & Central Asian Studies, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067; 2013-2016.
2.Senior Assistant Professor, Centre of Persian & Central Asian Studies, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067; 2005-2013.
3. Assistant Professor, Centre of Persian & Central Asian Studies, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067 since 2001-2005.
4. Part-Time Lecturer, Centre of Persian & Central Asian Studies, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, 2001.
5. Part-Time Lecturer, Department of Persian, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-110025, during 1997-2001.
Number of Research Scholars guided:
1. Ph.D - continuing- 6, submitted-4, awarded-13, Total -23
2. M. Phil. - continuing- 3, submitted-4, awarded-21, Total 27
1. Delhi Urdu Academy, Delhi gave away Urdu Academy Award for translation, 2011
2. Bihar Urdu Academy, Patna gave away Qazi Abdul Wadood Award for the book Maqalat e Arshi, 2010
3. A 25 minutes documentary film is made on my literary works and Persian/Urdu poetry by Sahar TV, Iran, 2010.
4. Associateship of Indian Institute of Advanced Studies, Shimla
5. Listed among the leading poets of Urdu after 1980 by "Iste`ara Quarterly, New Delhi in 2001.
1. Editing Persian/Urdu Research works of Mobarizuddin Rifat with the support of Dr. Omar Khalidi of MIT, Boston, USA
2. Revised the Persian text book of the Colleges/schools of Mauritius in 2011.
1. Jami der shabe qare(Persian), Encyclopaedia of Persian Language and Literature in the sub-continent, Vol-2, Tehran, 2007.
2. Sahm-e-Iqbal Sepahri der Shenakhte Bedil der Iran(Persian), Iranshenasi, Vol. II, (literary section), Iranology Foundation, Tehran, IRAN, 2005; also appeared on the site of Literary Foundatin, Tehran i.e. www.kanoonweb.ir in its December 2006 addition
3. Ghazal-serai-e Bedil(Persian), Danish Persian Quarterly, S. No. 91, Islamabad, winter 2008; ISSN: 1018-1873.
4. 1857 aur Farsi akhbarat(Urdu), in the book titled “1857: Jang-e Azadi ka DarakhshaN bab”, edited by Dr. Abrar Rahmani, Publication Division, New Delhi, 2007
5. Religion and International Relation: reviewing the Judeo-Christian secularist notion(English), Proceeding of Seminar on Religion and International Relations, Centre of International Studies, Tehran University, Tehran, 2011
1. Hindustan MieN Farsi Sahafat Ki Tarikh (Criticism &research), Educational Publishing House, ISBN 81-8223-365-8, New Delhi, 2008.
2. Maqalat-e-Maualna Arshi (ed.), Educational Publishing House, ISBN 81-8223-318-6, New Delhi, 2007.
3. Amir Khusraw`s World, Ravi Kumar Publications, ISBN 978887330578, Paris, FRANCE, 2014