2003: M.Sc. (Physics), Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, India
2009: Ph.D. (Physics), IIT Roorkee, India
Broad Area: Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Materials Science, Plasma Physics, Accelerator Physics
1. 2D materials/heterostructures for magnetism and photovoltaics
2. Hybrid Halide Perovskites for solar cells
3. Rare earth/Transition Metal based materials for permanent magnets
4. DMS and Heusler Alloys for Spintronics
5. Plasma instabilities in ECR ion sources
6. Interaction of heavy ion with plasma
7. Novel acceleration schemes of charged particles in accelerators
July 2006-Nov. 2007: Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Government College, Naraingarh (Ambala), Haryana, India
Nov. 2007-Nov. 2019: Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana, India
Nov. 2019-Dec. 2020: Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana, India
Dec. 2020 onward: Professor, School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
1. University Gold Medal for being topper in B.Sc. degree in Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in 2001
2. University Gold Medal for being topper in M.Sc. (Physics) degree in Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in 2003
3. Awarded UGC-Raman Fellowship for Post-doctoral work at Ames Laboratory, Ames, Iowa, United States during Aug 2016 – July 2017.
4. Awarded CSIR-JRF/SRF for Ph.D. at Department of Physics, IIT Roorkee, India during Jan 2004- July 2006.
5. Awarded MHRD-JRF for Ph.D. at Department of Physics, IIT Roorkee, India during July 2003- Dec 2003.
1. Ames Laboratory, Ames, IA, United States
2. Iowa State University, Ames, IA, United States
3. Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI, United States
4. CTU in Prague, Technicka 4, Prague, Czech Republic
5. University of Genova, Genova, Italy
1. Stability, Crystal Chemistry, and Magnetism of U2+xNi21–xB6 and Nb3–yNi20+yB6 and the Role of Uranium in the Formation of the Quaternary U2–zNbzNi21B6 and UδNb3−δNi20B6 Systems
Alessia Provino, Volodymyr Smetana, Timothy A. Hackett, Durga Paudyal, Manish K. Kashyap, Cristina Bernini, Amitava Bhattacharyya, Sudesh K. Dhar, Marcella Pani, Flavio Gatti, Anja-Verena Mudring, Pietro Manfrinetti
Inorganic chemistry 58 (22), 15045-15059 (2019)
2. S-Functionalized Mo2C Monolayer as a Novel Electrode Material in Li-Ion Batteries
Veenu Mehta, Hardev S. Saini, Sunita Srivastava, Manish K. Kashyap, K. Tankeshwar
The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 123 (41), 25052-25060 (2019)
3. Experimental investigation of plasma instabilities by Fourier analysis in an electron cyclotron resonance ion source
Sarvesh Kumar, Jyotsna Sharma, Prashant Sharma, Shatendra Sharma, Yaduvansh Mathur, Devendra Sharma, Manish K. Kashyap
Physical Review Accelerators and Beams 21 (9), 093402 (2018)
4. Half metallicity and magnetism in graphene containing monovacancies decorated with Carbon/Nitrogen adatom
Jyoti Thakur, Manish K. Kashyap, Hardev S. Saini, Ali H. Reshak
Journal of Alloys and Compounds 663, 100 (2016).
5. Generating magnetic response and half-metallicity in GaP via dilute Ti-doping for spintronic applications
Hardev S. Saini, Manish K. Kashyap, Manoj Kumar, Jyoti Thakur, Mukhtiyar Singh, Ali H. Reshak, G.S.S. Saini
Journal of Alloys and Compounds 649, 184 (2015).
1. Genesis of magnetism in graphene/MoS2 van der Waals heterostructures via interface engineering using Cr-adsorption
Renu Singla, Sarvesh Kumar, Timothy A. Hackett, Ali H. Reshak, Manish K. Kashyap
Journal of Alloys and Compounds 859, 157776 (2021)
2. Curie temperature engineering in a novel 2D analog of iron ore (hematene) via strain
Renu Singla, Timothy A. Hackett, Sarvesh Kumar, Jyotsna Sharma, Manish K. Kashyap
Nanoscale Advances 2 (12), 5890-5896 (2020)
3. Magnetism and magnetocrystalline anisotropy of tetragonally distorted L10-FeNi: N alloy, Priti Rani, Manish K. Kashyap, Renu Singla, Jyoti Thakur, Ali H. Reshak,
Journal of Alloys and Compounds 835, 155325 (2020).