B.Sc. (1987) Chemistry (Hons), University of Delhi, Delhi
M.Sc. (1989) Biotechnology, M.S. University, Vadodara, Gujarat
Ph.D (1996) Life Sciences (Immunology), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
*Role and molecular mechanisms of Mast Cell effector responses in infectious and non-infectious diseases
*Interaction of nanoparticles with immune effector cells
* May, 2008 onwards: Assistant Professor in Immunology, in the School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
* October, 2005 till April, 2008: Visiting Fellow (Employee) in the Laboratory of Dr. Paul A. Roche, Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA.
* April, 2005 till September, 2005: Visiting Fellow (Contract Employee) in the Laboratory of Dr. Paul A. Roche, Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA.
* March, 2000 till March, 2005: Post Doctoral Visiting Fellow in the Laboratory of Dr. Paul A. Roche, Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA.
* September, 1997 till Nov 1999: Project Associate in the project titled, "Cloning, Expression and Purification of Ovine Growth Hormone" funded by Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, with Dr. Satish M. Totey, Embryo Biotechnology Lab., National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, as the Principal Investigator.
* December, 1995 till December, 1996: Research Associate in the Project titled, "Major Histocompatibility Complex I Antigen Expression Augmenting Factor (MEAF), A new immunomodulatory Cytokine: Purification, characterization and sequencing " funded by Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, with Prof. Rajiv K. Saxena, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, as the Principal Investigator.
* March 2000 till March 2005: Fogarty Fellow in Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA.
* November 1994 till October 1995: Senior Research Fellow (ICMR) in School of Life Sciences, J.N.U., New Delhi. Title of project : "Modulation of certain membrane receptors crucial for immunological interactions, by mouse natural killer-resistance inducing factor (NK-RIF)"
* Life Membership of Indian Immunology Society
* Award for best poster presentation, 18th Annual meeting of the Indian Immunology Society, NII, New Delhi (October 1991)
* August 1991 till July 1994: Senior Research Fellow (JNU-UGC) in School of Life Sciences, J.N.U., New Delhi
* August 1989 to July 1991: Junior Research Fellow (JNU-UGC) in School of Life Sciences, J.N.U., New Delhi
* Passed with position in top 5% in CSIR-UGC-JRF Exam, 1988
* Students Fellowship sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, during M. Sc. (1987-1989)
- Puri, N. and Roche, P. A. (2008) Mast cells possess distinct secretory granule subsets whose exocytosis is regulated by different SNARE isoforms. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., U.S.A. 105(7): 2580-2585. Impact Factor: 9.412 Citations 218
- Alam A., Sachar S., Puri N., Saxena R.K. (2013) Interactions of polydispersed single-walled carbon nanotubes with T cells resulting in downregulation of allogeneic CTL responses in vitro and in vivo. Nanotoxicology 7(8):1351-60. Impact Factor: 6.411 [Included as a Key Nanotechnology Article on Global Medical Discovery web-portal (globalmedicaldiscovery.com)] Citations 24
- Naqvi N., Ahuja K. , Selvapandiyan A., Dey R., Nakhasi H., and Puri, N.* (October, 2017) Role of Mast Cells in clearance of Leishmania through extracellular trap formation. Scientific Reports 7: 13240 | DOI:10.1038/s41598-017-12753-1 Impact Factor:3.998. Citations:34
- Agarwal V., Naskar P., Agasti S., Khurana, G.K., Vishwakarma P., Lynn A.M., Roche P. A., and Puri N.* (October, 2019) The Cysteine-rich Domain of Synaptosomal-associated Protein of 23 kDa (SNAP-23) regulates its Membrane Association and Regulated Exocytosis from Mast Cells, Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2019 Oct;1866(10):1618-1633. doi: 10.1016/j.bbamcr.2019.06.015. Epub 2019 Jun 29. Impact Factor: 4.739 Citations: 7
- Paudel . S., Mehtani. D. and Puri. N.* (November 2019) Mast cells differentially regulate growth of lymphoid neoplasms by opposite modulation of histamine receptors Frontiers in Oncology doi: 10.3389/fonc.2019.01280 . Impact Factor: 6.244 Citations 3
- Naqvi N., Srivastava R.. , Selvapandiyan A., and Puri, N.* (October, 2020) Host Mast Cells in Leishmaniasis: Friend or Foe? Trends in Parasitology 36(12):952-956 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pt.2020.09.010 , Impact Factor: 9.014 Citations 3
- Naqvi N., Srivastava R., Naskar P., and Puri, N.* (May, 2021) Mast Cells modulate early responses to Mycobacterium bovis Bacillus Calmette-Guerin by phagocytosis and formation of extracellular traps. Cellular Immunology 365(2021):104380 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cellimm.2021.104380 , Impact Factor: 4.078 Citations 1
- Mehtani D. and Puri N.* (September, 2021) Steering mast cells or their mediators as a prospective novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of hematological malignancies. Frontiers in Oncology https://doi.org/10.3389/fonc.2021.731323 , Impact Factor: 6.244