Special Centre for Molecular Medicines
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Applications are invited for the following purely temporary posts in the ICMR Sponsored Project entitled “Characterizing the functional role of DNA binding domain lacking novel alternative splice form TET1 in acute myeloid leukemia, leukemic stem cells and can it be chemically targeted”
1. Senior Research Fellow (Two) Rs. 35,000+9450 (27% HRA) = Rs. 44,450/-
• Masters degree in Life Sciences / Epigenetics / Biotechnology /Zoology / Molecular Medicine with strong academic record. The student who have qualified NET / GATE will be given preference
• Candidates should have at least 3 years of research experience and preference will be given to candidates with experience in Epigenetics, Cell biology and Stem cell biology
Start Date of Advertisement: 07th March 2023
End Date of Advertisement: 21th March 2023
• The student with a biology background should have an experience in Protein Expression and Purification, Cloning, DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, DNA sequencing, Western Blotting, Spectroscopy, Fluorescence Microscopy and Bioinformatics.
• The candidate should have research experience in animal handling.
• The position is completely temporary and co-terminus with the project. The fellowship will be as per sanction in the project and/or as per. The initial appointment may be for three months or as per recommendation of the selection committee, which can be extended on the basis of assessment of the candidate’s performance and discretion of the Competent Authority. The eligible candidates may further be shortlisted based on the qualification/experience depending on the total number of applications received. JNU may select candidate against the above post depending upon the qualifications and experience of the candidate and reserves the right to relax any of the qualification(s) in case the candidate is found otherwise well qualified by the Selection Committee.
• In case the performance is not satisfactory the appointment is liable to be terminated at any time without any notice.
• In case you are appointed at some other organization in due course of time you are required to give a notice of 3 months in advance before being relieved.
• Eligible candidates may apply by send in their complete application firstname.lastname@example.org the attested copies of the certificates and proof of research experience (if any) are to be attached with the soft copy of application. The applications should reach at the address given be latest by 21th March 2023.
• Shortlisted candidates will be inform via Email.
• Please note that no TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview for the said positions.
Dr. Vijay P.S. Rawat, Associate Professor
Cancer Biology and Translational Research Laboratory
Special Centre for Molecular Medicines,
Jawaharlal Nehru University, NewDelhi-110067