M. Sc. in Geology (Department of Geology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi)
M. Phil. in Geochemistry (School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi)
Ph. D. in Geochemistry (School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi)
Geochemistry, Sedimentary geology, Surface Earth Processes, Palaeoclimate
(Students interested to work on chemical aspects of geology /surface earth processes, weathering, sediment geochemistry, and palaeoclimate for Ph.D. in my lab may apply through Area III)
Professor at School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (6th June 2017 onwards).
Associate Professor at School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (6th June 2014 - 5th June 2017).
Scientist “C” at Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun, (2005 to 2006)
National Geoscience Award (2009), Government of India
1.Tripathi, J. K., and Rajamani, V. (2007) Geochemistry and origin of ferruginous nodules in weathered granodioritic gneisses, Mysore plateau, Southern India. Geochimica et Cosmochimica. Acta. (Elsevier)71, 1674-1688.
2. Srivastava, P., Tripathi, J. K., Islam, R., Jaiswal, M. K.. (2008) Fashion and phases of Late Pleistocene aggradation and incision in Alaknanda River, western Himalaya, India. Quaternary Research. (Elsevier) 70, 68-80.
3. Tripathi, J. K., Bock, B., Rajamani, V. (2013) Nd and Sr isotope characteristics of Quaternary Indo-Gangetic plain sediments: Source distinctiveness in different geographic regions and its geological significance. Chemical Geology. (Elsevier) 344, 12–22.
4. Maharana, C, Srivastava, D., Tripathi, J. K. (2018) Geochemistry of sediments of the Peninsular rivers of the Ganga basin and its implication to weathering, sedimentary processes and provenance. Chemical Geology (Elsevier), 483, 1–20.
5. Hameed, A., Raja, P., Ali, M., Upreti, N., Kumar, N., Tripathi, J. K., Srivastava, P., (2018) Micromorphology, clay mineralogy, and geochemistry of calcic-soils from western Thar Desert: Implications for origin of palygorskite and southwestern monsoonal fluctuations over the last 30 ka. Catena (Elsevier), 163, 378–398.
- Rajamanickam, M., Balakrishnan, S., and Tripathi, J. K. (2019) Geochemical, Sr and Nd isotopic studies on the Kalva Rangan Durga Quartzites of the Shimoga greenstone belt: Implications on weathering of Dharwarian continental crust" in its current form for publication in Geological Journal. DOI: 10.1002/gj.3671
- Krishna, M., Singh, S. K., Tripathi, J. K., Chaturvedi, R., Garkoti, S. C. (2019) Effect of alder on soil bacteria offers an alternative explanation to the role played by alder in rock weathering. PNAS (National Academy of Sciences). https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1910718116
- Raj, R., Tripathi, J. K., Kumar, P., Singh, S. K., Phartiyal, B., Sharma, A., Sridhar, A. Chamyal, L. S. (2021) Palaeoclimatic and sea-level fluctuations from the last deglaciation to late Holocene from western India: Evidence from multiproxy studies, Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 214, 104777.