Ph.D.- 2012, Centre for International Politics, Organization and Disarmament, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Thesis Topic: British Geostrategic Perspectives on the Southern Atlantic Region
M.Phil – 2001, Centre for International Politics Organization and Disarmament, School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Dissertation Topic: Border Management Problems in South America: A Case Study of Argentina and Chile
M.A. (Geography) -1999, Centre for the Study of Regional Development, School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
B.A. (Honours) Geography -1997, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, Delhi
Geopolitics, Critical Geopolitics, BRICS, Borders
Seventeen years of teaching experience (from October 2004 to present) at Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Has been teaching M.Phil courses on Political Geography, Advanced Political Geography, Geography and Politics of Sustainable Development and has designed a course on Concepts and Issues in Geopolitics for M.Phil students at the Centre.
Has supervised 25 M.Phil students in Political Geography on topics in Political Geography, and Geopolitics from 2007 to 2020.
Has supervised 14 PhD. students, (14 awarded), on topics in Political Geography and Geopolitics.
Worked as a Lecturer at SNKP Government College, Neem Ka Thana, District Sikar, Rajasthan from January 2003 to October 2004 (Department of Higher Education, Government of Rajasthan).
UGC Junior Research Fellowship – October 1999
UGC National Eligibility Test (NET)-October 1999 in Urban and Regional Planning
* Attended the Advanced Training Programme Managing Global Governance at the German Development Institute, Bonn from 4th January 2009 to 4th July 2009
* Attended the International Futures 4: International Training for Diplomats, Federal Foreign Office, Berlin, Germany from 8th to 20th March, 2009
* Practice phase for project study at German Institute for Global and Area Studies, Institute for Latin American Studies, Hamburg, 18th April to 18th June, 2009
* Appointed as an Advisor to the Oikos International, a student organization working for Sustainable Development and Management in 2010 for 2 years
* Attended the Annual Presidents and Advisors Retreat of the Oikos International at Filzbach, Switzerland from 2nd September, 2010 to 4th September, 2010
* Visiting Fellowship, BRICS Policy Centre, Institute of International Relations, The Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, 20th November, 2012 to 22nd December, 2012
* Attended the 4th International Summer School of the Global COE Program “Reshaping Japan’s Border Studies”, Slavic Research Center, University of Hokkaido, Sapporo, 29th July, 2013- 4th August, 2013
“Geopolitics and Marginality: Re-imaginations from the South”, South Asian Survey, Volume 21, No. 1&2, 2014, (Published in 2017)
“Borders in Europe: From Westphalia to Schengen”, World Focus, July 2017
“Borders and Bordering Practices: A Case Study of Jaisalmer District on India-Pakistan Border”, Journal of Borderlands Studies, Volume 35, No.2, 2020
“Environmental Standards in the BRICS: An Analysis of Vehicular Pollution”, Volume 58 (3), July 2021
Borders in Europe: From Westphalia to Schengen, in Gulshan Sachdeva (ed.) India and the European Union: Challenges and Prospects, Palgrave MacMillan (2019)
Borders and Bordering Practices: A Case Study of Jaisalmer District on India-Pakistan Border in Tripathi, Dhananjay and Sanjay Chaturvedi (eds.) South Asia: Borders, Boundaries and Beyond, Routledge, New Delhi (2022)
British Imperial Vision of the Indian Ocean with reference to the works of Sir Halford J. Mackinder, in Pandey, Pragya (ed.) K.M. Panikkar and the Growth of Maritime Consciousness in India, Palgrave Macmillan (2022)