Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship
- Awarded PhD in Finance from Faculty of Management Studies(FMS), University of Delhi.
Topic of PhD: Market Valuation, Risk Assessment, Profitability and Efficiency of Indian Banks and their Challenges under Basel norms: An Empirical Study Under the supervision of Prof. Pankaj Sinha
- MBA (Finance & HR) from Himachal Pradesh University Campus, Institute of Management Studies, Shimla
- UGC NET (JRF) in June 2010
- BSc (Hons.) from Panjab University Campus, Chandigarh
Areas of Interest/Specialization
A proactive and result oriented professional with 8 years experience in teaching and research, with highly regarded education institutes in India involved in imparting education to undergraduate and post graduate students.
- Assistant Professor, Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship, Jawaharlal Nehru University, (November 2019 to present)
- Assistant Professor (Finance), Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi (August,2016 to November,2019)
- Assistant Professor, Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, University of Delhi. (May,2016 to August, 2016)
- Junior and Senior Research Fellow: Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi (June 2012-June 2016)
- State Bank of India (Selected in 2010 P.O batch) (March 2011 – June 2012) Designation: Probationary Officer.
Awards & Honours
Best Peer Reviewed Publications
- Market valuation and Risk Assessment of Indian Banks using Black-Scholes-Merton Model. Published in “Finance India”; March 2016 (Scopus, ABDC List of Journals)
- Determinants of bank profits and its persistence in Indian Banks: Study under Dynamic Panel Data framework :Published in “International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and management” (Springer Publication), October , 2015(Scopus, ABDC List of Journals)
- Operational Risk: Impact assessment of the Revised Standardised Approach on Indian Banks (Scopus, ABDC List of Journals)
- Dynamics of Competition in the Indian banking Industry: Published in Economic and Political Weekly (EPW), March 2018(Scopus, ABDC list of Journals)
- Priority Sector lending and Situation of Agriculture Credit In India: Published in “Agriculture Situation in India”: July 2015 (Government of India, Ministry of Statistics Journal).
- P. Sinha and S. Sharma, "Derivative use and its impact on Systematic Risk of Indian Banks: Evidence using Tobit model", MPRA Paper 72251, 2016,MPRA Germany [online] Available: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/72251/1/MPRA_paper_72251.pdf.
- Malik, K., Sharma, S., & Kaur, M. (2020). COVID-19 and the Indian Private Equity Industry: Time to Use the Dry Powder. Vision, 24(3), 255-259.(ABDC listed,Scopus)
- Malik, K., Sharma, S., & Kaur, M. (2021). Measuring contagion during COVID-19 through volatility spillovers of BRIC countries using diagonal BEKK approach. Journal of Economic Studies.(ABDC listed, Scopus)
- Sharma, Sakshi, Kunjana Malik, Manmeet Kaur, and Neha Saini. "Mapping research in the field of private equity: a bibliometric analysis." Management Review Quarterly (2021): 1-29. (ABDC listed,Scopus)
- A note on Boardroom Challenge 2020, Board Effectiveness and Corporate Stewardship during COVID 19, Vision (ABDC listed, Scopus)
- Comovement of Fear Index, Stock Returns, Brent Oil Prices in BRIC countries: The Case of Covid 19 (accepted for publication) Indian Economic Journal, (ABDC listed, Scopus)
- Dynamic Linkages of Energy Commodities with Bullion and Metal market: Evidence of Portfolio Hedging (Accepted for publication in American Business Review, “Category A”, ABDC listed, Scopus)
- Saini, N., Malik, K., & Sharma, S. (2023). Transformation of Supply Chain Management to Green Supply Chain Management: Certain Investigations for Research and Applications. Cleaner Materials, 7, 100172.(Scopus)
- Malik, K., & Sharma, S. (2023). The impact of private equity investment and renewable energy on environmental degradation: evidence from BRICS countries. International Journal of Energy Sector Management. (Scopus)
Recent Peer Reviewed Journals/Books
Patents (if any)