M.Sc., M.Phill, PGDCA
Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Supervisor: Prof. Chandra Shakher
Professor, Instrument Design and Development Centre, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
Bio-Medical Optics, Quantitative Microscopy, Optical Metrology, Talbot Interferometry, Digital Holography, Raman Spectroscopy, Optical instrumentation
Assistant Professor (December 2020- present)
School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
New Delhi India
Postdoctoral Associate (Aug 2019- Nov 2020)
Mentor: Prof. Rajeev J. Ram
Professor, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology USA
Research Associate (Dec 2017- July 2019)
SeNSE, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
Assistant Professor (Jan 2006- June 2012)
Department of Applied Sciences, IIMT College of Engineering
Best Thesis Award in the field of Optical Instrumentation by Instrument Society of India (ISOI), Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore
Recipient of OSA Explore kit by UNESCO on World Science Day for Peace and Development 10 November 2017 from Optical Society of America.
Institute (IIMT Greater Noida) Outstanding Faculty Award of 50000 cash prize for 98% result 2010-2011
University Topper of APS University Rewa during M.Sc. (2003-2005)
- Shilpi Agarwal, Varun Kumar and Chandra Shakher, “Analysis of Red Blood Cell parameters by Talbot-Projected Fringes” Journal of Biomedical Optics, 22 106009 (2017).
- Shilpi Agarwal, Varun Kumar and Chandra Shakher, “Temperature Measurement of Wick Stabilized Micro Diffusion Flame under the Influence of Magnetic Field Using Digital Holographic Interferometry,” Optics and Laser in Engineering, 102, 161– 169 (2018).
- Shilpi Agarwal and Chandra Shakher, "Low-frequency in-plane vibration monitoring/measurement by using circular grating Talbot interferometer," Optical Engineering, 57, 054112 (2018).
- Shilpi Agarwal, Manoj Kumar, and Chandra Shakher, “Experimental investigation of the effect of magnetic field on temperature and temperature profile of diffusion flame using circular grating Talbot interferometer,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 68, 214-221 (2015).
- Shilpi Agarwal and Chandra Shakher, “In-Plane Displacement Measurement by using circular grating Talbot Interferometer,” Optics and Laser in Engineering, 75, 63–71 (2015).
- Shilpi Gupta, Chung Hao Huang, Gajendra Pratap Singh, Bong Soo Park, Nam-Hai Chua, Rajeev J. Ram, "Portable Raman Leaf-Clip Sensor for Rapid Detection of Plant Stress," Scientific Report, Nature Publication, 10, 20206 (2020).
- Vimarsh Awasthi, Richa Goel, Shilpi Agarwal, Padmnabh Rai and Satish Kumar Dubey, “Optical nanoantenna for beamed and surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, 1–25 (2020).
- Vivek Rastogi, Shilpi Agarwal, Satish Kumar Dubey, Gufran Sayeed Khan, and Chandra Shakher, "Design and development of volume phase holographic grating based digital holographic interferometer for label-free quantitative cell imaging," Applied Optics 59, 3773-3783 (2020).
- Varun Kumar, Vivek Rastogi, Shilpi Agarwal, and Chandra Shakher, "Investigation of temperature profile and temperature stability of micro diffusion flame under the influence of magnetic field by use of a holo-shear lens-based interferometer," Optical Engineering 59(6), 064107 (2020).
Patent Number: Application No. 201911030117 dated July 25, 2019
Title: An Improved Digital Holographic Interferometer for Quantitative Phase Imaging
Patentee: Vivek Rastogi, Shilpi Agarwal, Satish K. Dubey, Gufran Khan and Chandra Shakher
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi