M.Sc., Ph.D. (Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute & Jadavpur University, Kolkata)
Neurobiology of Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease & Depression.
2002-2005 Postdoctoral research at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), USA.
2005-2015 Asst. Professor in Human Physiology, RPM College, Uttarpara (W.B.)
2015-2019 Associate Professor, School of Life Sciences, JNU, New Delhi-67.
2019-Present Professor, School of Life Sciences, JNU, New Delhi-67.
* DBT funded project on … To Investigate Anti-Amyloidogenic properties of Anti-histamine drugs on alpha syn…………. involved in Parkinson’s disease. DBT, 2021--2024
* DBT funded project on Effect of naturally occurring as well as synthetic cyclic molecules on inhibition of beta amyloid aggregation in vivo and in vitro. DBT, 2017--2020
* DBT funded project on “Arresting Pre-fibrillar Aggregates of Alzheimer’s Amyloid by Synthetic Antibodies” 2013-2016
* LSRB-DRDO funded project on ““Role of MAP Kinase in behavioral model of depression: Effect of chronic antidepressant treatment” 2012-2015
* SERB-DST funded project on “Role of neurotrophins in stress and depression” 2010-2013
* Fellow, West Bengal Academy of Science & Technology-2022
* Prof. A. K. Mukherjee Memorial Oration Award from PSI in 2021
* Dr. A. Namasivayam Award by IABMS, 2016
* International Travel Grant from UGC to attend conference, 2011 & 2013
* Dr. K. Anji Reddy Prize by 23rd Annual conference of PSI & Doctors Reddy, 2011
* Young Scientist Award by Indian Science Congress Association, 2000.
- Ahmad MH, Fatima M, Ali M, Rizvi MA, Mondal AC*. Naringenin alleviates paraquat-induced dopaminergic neuronal loss in SH-SY5Y cells and a rat model of Parkinson’s disease. Neuropharmacology, 2021, 201, 108831 Oct 13. doi:10.1016/j.neuropharm. 2021.108831.
- Paul A, Kumar S, Kalita S, Kalita S, Sarkar D, Bhunia A, Bandyopadhyay A, Mondal AC*, Mondal B. An explicitly designed paratope of Amyloid-β prevents neuronal apoptosis in vitro and hippocampal damage in rat brain. Chemical Science, 2021, 12 (8):2853-2862. Edge article
- Srivastav S, Anand BG, Fatima M, Prajapati KP, Yadav SS, Kar K, Mondal AC*. Piperine coated gold nanoparticles alleviate paraquat-induced neurotoxicity in Drosophila melanogaster. ACS Chemical Neuroscience 2020;11(22):3772-3785.
- Kumar S, Srivastav S, Fatima M, Giri RS, Mandal B, Mondal AC*. A Synthetic Pro-Drug Peptide Reverses Amyloid-β-Induced Toxicity in the Rat Model of Alzheimer's Disease. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease 2019, 69(2):499-512.
- Fatima M, Srivastav S, Ahmad MH, Mondal AC*. ¬Effects of chronic unpredictable mild stress induced prenatal stress on neurodevelopment of neonates: Role of GSK-3β. Scientific Reports 2019 Feb 4, 9 (1):1305 (doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-38085-2)
- Srivastav S, Fatima M, Mondal AC*. Bacopa monnieri attenuates paraquat induced toxicity in Drosophila by inhibiting apoptosis through redox stabilization and improved mitochondrial function. Neurochemistry International 2018, 121: 98-107.
- Kumar S, Paul A, Kalita S, Ghosh AK, Mandal B and Mondal AC*. Protective effects of β-sheet breaker α/β hybrid peptide against Amyloid β induced neuronal apoptosis in vitro. Chemical Biology and Drug Design, 2017, 89(6):888-900.
Recent Peer Reviewed Journals/Books
1. Ahmad MH, Rizvi MA, Ali M & Mondal AC*. Neurobiology of Depression in Parkinson’s disease: Insights into Epidemiology, Molecular Mechanisms and Treatment Strategies. Ageing Research Reviews (85) 2023. (doi.10.1016/j.arr.2022.101840). JIF- 11.78
2. Ahmad MH, Ghosh B, Rizvi MA, Fatima M, Ali M, Kaur L, Mondal AC*. Neural crest cells development and neuroblastoma progression: Role of Wnt signaling. Journal of Cellular Physiology 11 Dec, 2022 doi:10.1002/jcp.30931. PMID: 36502519. JIF- 6.51
3. XXXX Sandeep, Ahmad MH, Rani L, Mondal AC*. Convergent molecular pathways in type 2 diabetes mellitus and Parkinson’s disease: Insights into mechanisms and pathological consequences. (Molecular Neurobiology 2022, May 16, doi: 10.1007/s12035-022-02867-7). IF- 5.59
4. Sahu MR, Rani L, Subba R & Mondal AC*. Impact of cellular senescence on the brain aging: A focus on neurodegenerative diseases. Mechanisms of Ageing and Development 2022 Apr 14:111675. doi: 10.1016/j.mad.2022.111675. IF- 5.49
5. Anand SK & Mondal AC*. Neuroanatomical distribution and functions of Brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in zebrafish (Danio rerio) brain. Journal of Neuroscience Research 2020; 98(5): 754-763. IF-4.43
6. Sahu MR & Mondal AC*. The emerging role of Hippo signaling in neurodegeneration. Journal of Neuroscience Research 2020; 98(5): 796-814. IF-4.43
7. Rani L & Mondal AC*. Emerging concepts of mitochondrial dysfunction in Parkinson’s disease progression: Pathogenic and Therapeutic Implications. Mitochondrion 2020; 50: 25-34. IF-4.53
8. Sushma & Mondal AC*. Role of GPCR signaling and calcium dysregulation in Alzheimer’s disease. Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience 2019 Oct 23; 101, 103414. IF-4.62
9. Ahmad MH, Fatima M, Mondal AC*. Role of Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis, Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Gonadal Axis and Insulin Signaling in the Pathophysiology of Alzheimer’s disease. Neuropsychobiology, 2019 Apr; 77(4):197-205. IF-12.32
10. Srivastav S., Fatima M, Mondal AC*. Important medicinal herbs in Parkinson’s disease pharmacotherapy. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 2017, 92: 856-863 JIF-7.41