Postdoctoral Training (Immunology): The Cleveland Clinic Ohio, USA
Doctoral (Biotechnoloy): Jadavpur University Kolkata, India
Masters’ (Microbiology): M.S. University Baroda, India
Early host-microbe interactions, Biofilm quorum signaling, Innate immunity, Healthcare Associated Infections, Antimicrobial Resistance, Mass Spectrometry based Metabolomics.
2008 - present ; Assistant Professor, Special Centre for Molecular Medicine, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
2009-2012 - Faculty-In-Charge, Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Advanced Instrumentation Facility, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
2003-2008 (Feb.) - Faculty Scientist, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
1997-2002 - Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Immunology & Department of Gastroenterology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, USA.
Merlin Bumpus Best Investigator Award, USA, 2001.
Prof. Miguel Camara, Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, U.K. (Biofilms).
Prof. Sanjoy K. Bhattacharya, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Florida, U.S.A (Lipidomics).
Prof. Rakesh Lodha, Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (Hospital Associated Infections).
Dr. Venkat Panchagnula, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune (Laser Desorption Ionization Mass Spectrometry).
1. Lahiri, P. and Ghosh D (2017) Single-Step Capture and Targeted Metabolomics of Alkyl-Quinolones in Outer Membrane Vesicles of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Lipidomics: Methods in Molecular Biology (Springer, USA) ISSN 1064-3745; 1609: 171-184 DOI 10.1007/978-1-4939-6996-8_15.
2. Pompilio A, Crocetta V, Ghosh D et al. (2016) Stenotrophomonas maltophilia phenotypic and genotypic diversity during a 10-year colonization in the lungs of a cystic fibrosis patient. Frontiers in Microbiology 2016; 7: 1551
3. Pluháček T, Lemr K, Ghosh D, Milde D, Novák J and Havlíček V (2016) Characterization of Microbial Siderophores by Mass Spectrometry. Mass spectrometry Reviews. 35: 35-47
4. Ghosh D., Salzman NH, Huttner KM, Paterson Y, Bevins CL. Protection against enteric salmonellosis in transgenic mice expressing a human intestinal defensin. Nature. 422:522-6.Commentary: Ganz T. Microbiology: Gut defence. Nature. 422:478-9.
5. Ghosh D., Porter E, Shen B, Lee SK, Wilk D, Drazba J, Yadav SP, Crabb JW, Ganz T, Bevins CL. Paneth cell trypsin is the processing enzyme for human defensin-5. Nat. Immunol. 3:583-590. Commentary: Zasloff M. Trypsin, for the defense. Nat Immunol. 2002 Jun;3(6):508-10.
Ghosh, D. (2011). Pathogenesis of Malabsorption Syndrome: Issues on Gut Flora and Innate Immunity. In: Ghoshal, U Malabsorption Syndrome in Tropics. Delhi: Elsevier. 179-204.
Ghosh, D. (2010). Probiotics and Intestinal Defensins: Augmenting the First Line of Defense in Gastrointentinal Immunity. In: Nair, G. B. and Takeda, Y. Probiotic Foods in Health and Disease. Delhi: Oxford & IBH Publishing Co. 61-74
* Selective Detection and Analysis of Small Molecules. Ghosh D., Dharware D. and Panchagnula V. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and Central Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi. EP2676287A2 EU (granted). US (Pending).