* Ph.D in Arabic, from JNU, 2004
* Title of the Ph.D Thesis: A Comparative Study of Social Themes in Arabic and Urdu Novels (1900-1950)
* M. Phil in Arabic from JNU, 1998
* M. A. in Arabic from JNU, 1995
* M.A. in Modern History from JMI, New Delhi, 1993
* B. A. History (H) from JMI, 1991
* Almiat from Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama, Lucknow, 1988
* Advance Diploma in Modern Arabic from JMI, 1991
* Modern Arabic Prose, Novel,
* Modern Literary and Critical Theories,
* Communication Skills in Arabic
* Translation and Interpretation
Over 24 Years
* Lecturer in the Department of Arabic, Assam University, Silchar, Assam from 16 April 1997 to 04 December 2001
* Assistant Professor in the Center of Arabic and African Studies, SLL&CS, JNU from 5/12/2001 to 20/07/2006
* Associate Professor in the same Centre from 21/07/2006 to 20/07/2012
* Professor in the same Centre from 21/07/2012
* Chairperson of the Centre from 01.04.2014 to 31.03.2014
Awards/ achievements/ membership of bodies:
- Received Presidential Award “Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman” for young scholars for substantial contribution to Arabic in 2012.
- Selected for the International Leadership program of the US State Department in 2002 for a 22-day visit to US Academic institutions and interaction with academics.
- National Excellence Award (2021) by Kerala based journal “Al-Nahda”
- Rendered interpretation services for the Honorable Prime Minister P.M. Shri Narendra Modi on a number of occasions and also for former President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee and other national and international dignitaries.
- "Supreme Roll of Honor" awarded by the International Organization of Creativity for Peace, London
- Chairperson of the Center of Arabic and African Studies, SLL&CS, JNU (2014-2016)
- Chief Editor of the Online Arabic Quarterly Refereed Research Journal “Hilal Al-Hind” since January 2021.
- Chief Editor of India’s first online quarterly refereed journal for Creative literature in Arabic “Qutoof Alhind” Journal since January 2022.
- Chief Editor of CAAS Annual Journal “Dirasat Arabia” (2014-2016)
- Member of the academic/ Scientific / Editorial boards /committees of a number of international journals published from the Arab world.
- Member of Board of Studies/ Committee on Studies in several Indian universities.
Best 05 Peer Reviewed Publications:
* “Al-Weshah al-Mudannas” Arabic translation of Phaneshwar Nath Renu’s classic Hindi novel “Maila Aanchal”, published by the Kalima Project of Translation, Abu Dhabi Arabic Language Center, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Pages: 525, 2021, ISBN: 978-9948-33-153-7
* “Nahrunnar”, Arabic Translation of the award-winning Urdu novel “Aag ka darya” by Qurratul Ain Haidar”, Kalima Project of Translation, Abu Dhabi Arabic Language Center, Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Tourism, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Pages: 623, 2019, ISBN: 978-99-483-7662-0
* "Fikratul Hind”, Arabic translation of Sunil Khilnani’s book “The idea of India” published by KALIMA’ (Abu Dhabi) for Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage and India Arab Cultural Centre, JMI, New Delhi, 2009, ISBN: 978—0-14-303246-5 No. f pages:288
* “Mawatin al- Hadatha” Arabic Translation of Dipesh Chakrabarty’s “Habitations of Modernity” published by ‘KALIMA’ (Abu Dhabi) for Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage and India Arab Cultural Centre, JMI, New Delhi, 2011, August 2009. ISBN: 978-9948-01-284-9
* “Communication Skills: Listening and Speaking -1]” One Block (comprising 100 pages) [BAL-002- of the Certificate of Arabic language program of IGNOU, New Delhi, 2010. ISBN: 978-81-266-4898-6
- “Riwayatu Al-Wishah Al-Mudannas: Dirasah fi al-qadhaya al-ijtemaiyyah wa-alsiysasiyyah wa-al thaqafiyyah” (Social, Political and Cultural Issues in the novel “Maila Anchal” by Faneshwar Nath Renu), Majallah Al-hind (Al Hind Journal), January-March, vol -11, Issue 1, 2022., Maulana Azad Ideal Educational Trust, Bolpur, West Bengal, India ISSN: 2321-7928, pp. 257-280
- Attarjama bain al-lughtain al-arabiyyah wa-al-urdiyah fi-al-hind (Translation between Arabic and Urdu languages in India), Majalla-al-Hind (Arabic Quarterly Peer Reviewed Journal), Maulana Azad Ideal Educational Trust, Bolpur, West Bengal, India, Vol-9, Issue No. 2-3, April-September, 2020, ISSN- 2321-7928, pp 440-471
- Al-professor Faizanullah Farooqi: Haytuhu wa Atharuhu al-I’lmiyyah (Professor Faizanullah Farooqi: Life and academic contributions) Majalla-al-Hind (Arabic Quarterly Peer Reviewed Journal), Maulana Azad Ideal Educational Trust, Bolpur, West Bengal, India, Vol-10, Issue no-2, April-June, 2021, ISSN-No. 2321-7928, pp 11-29
- “Al-Sayyid Al-Haqeeqi” (The Real Master) Arabic short story published in the “Hilal Alhind Journal” an online quarterly electronic refereed Research Journal, Vol-1, Issue-04, October-December, 2021 ISSN: 2582-9254
- “Adhab Al-Zameer” (The Punishment of Conscience), Arabic short story published in the “Qutoof Alhind” online quarterly refereed Creative Arabic Journal, Vol-1, Issue-01, January-March, 2022.