B.A., English Literature, Geography, Education, Ewing Christian College, University of Allahabad, 2004
M.A., Geography, Banaras Hindu University, 2006,
M.Phil., Population Studies, International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Mumbai, 2008
Ph. D., Population Studies, International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Mumbai, 2016
Geography of Population Health; Demographic Changes and Sustainable Development; GIS and Mixed Research Methods
Professor, CSRD, JNU (2023 onwards)
Associate Professor, Department of Geography, Jamia Millia Islamia (2019 to 2023)
Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi (2014-2019)
Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, University of Pune (2013-2014)
Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Shivaji University (2010-2013)
Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Geography, Ravenshaw University (2010)
* Offered Two Years Postdoctoral Position, Centre for Demographic Studies, University Autonoma Barcelona (UAB), Barcelona, Spain, September 2015.
* Guest Researcher, Vienna Institute of Demographic, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, Austria, June 2014.
* Policy Communication Fellow, Population Reference Bureau, Washington DC, USA, 2013- 2014.
* Young Scientist Summer Program, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), Vienna, Austria, June-August, 2013
* Visiting Fellowship, Initiative for Population Research, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA, May 2009.
* Visiting Fellowship, Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA, April, 2009.
*Dr. K.B. Pathak Memoria Award, Best Published Paper by a Young Demographer (2009), 31 Annual Conference of Indian Association for the Study of Population (IASP), Sri Venkateshwara University Andhra Pradesh
*Banaras Hindu University (B.H.U.) Gold Medal for M.A. /M.Sc. (Final) Geography Examination-2006.
- Networks and Global Health: Experimental Evidence of Women’s Social Networks, Reproductive Health, and Well-Being in Developing Countries (Funded by BU Global Programs- Boston University Foundation India, Seed Fund Program) - [Praveen K. Pathak, Jamia Millia Islamia, Mahesh V. Karra, Boston University, USA, Anukriti S., World Bank, Catalina Herrera-Almanza, University of Illinois] 2020-2023.
- Core Faculty- ‘Teaching Sustainability and localizing Sustainable Development Goals in the Hindu Kush Himalayan Regions’, Himalayan University Consortium (HUC) Online Training, Supported by Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK), Berlin and ICIMOD, Kathmandu, September to December 2022.
- Networks and Global Health: Experimental Evidence of Women’s Social Networks, Reproductive Health, and Well-Being in Developing Countries (Funded by Northeastern University, Boston, USA). [Praveen K. Pathak- Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi; Catalina Herrera-Almanza, Northeastern University, Mahesh V. Karra, Boston University, Anukriti S., Boston College, USA, 2017- 2019.
- Pathak, P.K., Singh, Y., Mahapatro, S., Tripathi, N., Jee, J. (2022) Assessing Socioeconomic Vulnerabilities related to COVID-19 Risk in India: A State-level Analysis. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness 16(2): 590-603. DOI: 10.1017/dmp.2020.348
- Kim, R., Pathak, P., Xu, Y., Joe, W., Kumar, A., Venkataramanan, R., Subramanian, S. (2019) Micro- geographic targeting of precision public policy: an analysis of child sex ratio across 587,043 Census villages in India, 2011. Health and Place 57: 92-100.
- Singh, A., Pathak, P.K., Chauhan, R.K. and Pan, W. (2011). Infant and child mortality in India in the last two decades: a geospatial analysis. PLoS ONE 6(11): e26856. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0026856.
- Pathak, P.K. and Singh, A. (2011). Trends in malnutrition among children in India: growing inequalities across different economic groups. Social Science and Medicine 73: 576-585.
- Pathak, P.K., Singh, A. and Subramanian, S.V. (2010). Economic inequalities in maternal health care: prenatal care and skilled birth attendance in India, 1992-2006. PLoS ONE 5(10): e13593. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0013593.
- Pal, S., Pathak, P.K., Rahman, M. (2023) Physical-mental health and awareness of HIV/AIDS among men who have sex with men in selected cities. BMC Public Health 23: 320. DOI: 10.1186/s12889-023-15202-z
- GBD 2019 Healthcare Access and Quality Collaborators (2022) Assessing performance of the Healthcare Access and Quality Index, overall and by select age groups, for 204 countries and territories, 1990–2019: a systematic analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019, The Lancet Global Health 10(12): e1715-e1743 DOI: 10.1016/S2214-109X(22)00429-6
- Anukriti, S., Herrera-Almanza, C., Pathak, P.K., Karra, M. (2020) Curse of the Mummy-ji: the influence of mothers-in-law on women in India. American Journal of Agricultural Economics 102(5): 1328-1351. DOI:10.1111/ajae.12114
- Kim, R., Pathak, P.K., Tripathi, N., Subramanian, S.V. (2020) Heterogeneity in adult anthropometry by socioeconomic factors: Indian National Family Health Survey 2006 and 2016. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition 74: 953- 960.
- Singh, A., Kumar, Pathak, P.K., K., Chauhan, R., Banerjee, A. (2017) Spatial patterns and determinants of fertility in India. Population (English) 72(3): 505-526.