N. Janardhana Raju
School of Environmental Sciences
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.Sc. (Geol, Phys, Chem) S. V. University, Tirupati 1983
- M.Sc. (Geology) S. V. University, Tirupati 1985
- M.Phil. (Hydrogeology) S. V. University, Tirupati 1990
- Ph. D (Hydrogeology) S. V. University, Tirupati 1991
Areas of Interest/Specialization
- Environmental Geology
- Hydro-geochemistry and Groundwater Pollution (As & F);
- Water Resource Management and Rainwater harvesting studies
- 2015 – till date : Professor, School of Environmental Sciences, JNU, New Delhi
- 2009-2015: Associate Professor, School of Environmental Sciences, JNU, New Delhi
- 2004-2009: Assistant Professor, Department of Geology, BHU, Varanasi
- 2001-2002: Assistant Professor, Department of Earth Sciences, Asmara University, Eritrea, NE Africa
- 1994-2004: Geohydrologist, Department of Geology, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
- Overall Teaching Experience: 25 years
- Overall Research Experience: 30 years
Awards & Honours
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, Germany (1997)
- INSA-Brazil Bilateral Exchange Fellowship (2005-2006)
- Guest Professorship - Martin Luther University, Halle, Germany (2012)
- Dr Sudarshan Pani-Dr (smt) Rama Dwivedy Medal, ISAG, India (2013)
- Mississippi State University, MS, USA (Department of Geology)
- Martin-Luther University, Halle-Wittenberg, Germany (Institute for Geosciences).
- Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany (Institute for Environmental Geochemistry).
- Federal University of Fluninense, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Department of Geochemistry).
- Technical Consultant for Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages (HCCB) to review the hydrogeological and environmental assessment reports for its adequacy and accuracy of the work.
Best Peer Reviewed Publications (upto 5)
- P. Patel, N. Janardhana Raju, BCS Rajareddy, U. Suresh, D.B. Sankar and TVK Reddy (2018). Heavy metal contamination in river water and sediments of the Swarnamukhi River basin, India: risk assessment and environmental implications. Environmental Geochemistry and Health, 40:609-623. (DOI 10.1007/s10653-017-0006-7).
- N. Janardhana Raju (2017). Prevalence of fluorosis in the fluoride enriched groundwater in semi-arid parts of eastern India: geochemistry and health implications. Quaternary International, 443:265-278 (DOI.org/10.1016/ j.quaint.2016.05.028)
- N. Janardhana Raju (2012). Arsenic exposure through groundwater in the middle Ganga plain in the Varanasi environs, India: A future threat. Journal of Geological Society of India, 79:302-314.
- N. Janardhana Raju, T.V.K. Reddy and P. Muniratnam (2006). Subsurface Dams to Harvest Rainwater – A Case of Swarnamukhi River basin, Southern India. Hydrogeology Journal, Springer. 14: 526-531.
- N. Janardhana Raju and T.V.K. Reddy (1998). Fracture pattern and electrical resistivity studies for groundwater exploration. Environmental Geology, Springer, 34(2/3): 175-182.
Recent Peer Reviewed Journals/Books (upto 3)
- Arif Ahamad, N. Janardhana Raju, Sughosh Madhav, Wolfgang Gossel and Peter Wycisk (2018). Impact of nonengineered Bhalswa landfill on groundwater from Quaternary alluvium in Yamuna flood plain and potential human health risk, New Delhi, India. Quaternary International. (Accepted)
- M. Parween, AL. Ramanathan and N. J. Raju (2017). Wastewater management and water quality of river Yamuna in the megacity of Delhi. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 14 (10):2109-2124. (DOI 10.1007/s13762-017-1280-8)
- Geostatistical and Geospatial Approaches for the Characterization of Natural Resources in the Environment: Challenges, Processes and Strategies (2014). Conference Volume of International Association for Mathematical Geosciences (IAMG), Springer publishers (Editor: N. Janardhana Raju).
Patents (if any)