MBBS, MPH, PhD
Epidemiology, Nutrition, Child Health, Urban Health, Non-communicable Diseases
Chairperson [25.07.2020 to 24.07.2022]
Professor [16.10.2011 till date]
Chairperson [22.07.2014 to 21.07.2016]
Centre of Social Medicine and Community Health, JNU
Chairperson, University Sports Committee [18.02.2014 - 17.02.2016]
Deputy Health Officer, Epidemiology Division & Public Health Laboratory, Municipal Corporation of Delhi [06.12.2003 – 15.10.2003]
- Fulbright Senior Research Fellow [2010-11] and Visiting Associate Professor, Global Diseases Epidemiology and Control [GDEC], Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Key Technology Partner Visiting Fellow 2016. Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine, Faculty of Health, University of Technology Sydney
- One Health Poultry Hub. Co-Investigator. Global Challenges Research Fund - UK Research and Innovation
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Labour Migration across Healthcare Borders in Northern South Asia. Co-Investigator. Novo Nordisk Foundation
- Developing Community-Led Solutions to Antimicrobial Resistance: Building a One Health Approach in Low and Middle Income Countries. Co-Investigator . UKRI Challenge Cluster Grant
- Integrated nutrition, education and environmental interventions through networks of schools and anganwadis in India. Co-Principal Investigator. Medical Research Council UK
- Das Gupta M, Dasgupta R, Kugananthan P, Rao V, Somanathan TV, Tewari KN (2019). Flies without Borders: Lessons from Chennai on Improving India’s Municipal Public Health Services, The Journal of Development Studies, DOI: 10.1080/00220388.2019.1605053
- Dasgupta R, Sharma S, Sharma N, Banerjee K, Haran EGP, Muliyel JP, Salunke S, Masoodi MA, Haldar P, Bahl S, Bhatnagar P, Joshi S, Arora NK. Successful switch (tOPV to bOPV) in India: Tribute to a resilient health system. Vaccine 37 (2019) 2394–2400.
- Chugh Sachdeva R, Mondkar J, Shanbhag S, Manuhar Sinha M, Khan A, Dasgupta R, Israel-Ballard K (2019). Understanding Barriers and Facilitators for Human Milk Banking Among Service Providers, Mothers, and Influencers of Neonates Admitted at Two Health Facilities in a Metropolitan City in India. Breastfeeding Medicine, 14(2):694-701. doi: 10.1089/bfm.2018.0177.
- Rasanathan K, Bennett S, Atkins V, Beschel R, Carrasquilla G, Charles J, Dasgupta R, Emerson K et al (2017). Governing Multisectoral Action for Health in Low- and Middle-income Countries. PLoS Medicine. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1002285.
- Nambiar D, Dasgupta R, Sunadararaman T, Ganesan P, Gupta S (2016). Reflections on Participation and Knowledge-making as part of India’s National Urban Health Mission Technical Resource Group Recommendation Exercise. International Journal of Health Services. Pii: 0020731416661496.
- Arora NK, Pillai R, Dasgupa R, Garg P (2014). Whole-of-society Monitoring Framework for Sugar, Salt, and Fat Consumption and Non-communicable Disease in India. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. Oct 21. doi: 10.1111/nyas.12555.
- Rentmeester C, Dasgupta R, Feemster KA, Packard R (2014). Coercion and Polio Eradication Efforts in Moradabad. Human Vaccine and Immunotherapeutics, 10(4).
- Dasgupta R (2012). Urbanising Cholera: The Social Determinants of its Re-emergence. Orient Blackswan, New Delhi.
- Dasgupta R, Mishra P, Yadav K. COVID‑19 Vaccination and the Power of Rumors: Why we Must “Tune in”. Indian Journal of Public Health 2021; 65:206-8.
- Dasgupta R, Tomley F, Alders R, Barbuddhe S, Kotwani A. Adopting an intersectoral, One Health approach in India: The time has come for One Health Committees. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2021, 153:281-6.
- Krishnan A, Dasgupta R. Science, Policy, People, and Public Health: What Is COVID-19 Teaching Us? Editorial, Indian Journal Public Health 2020;64:S87-9.