Ph.D. (2003) from Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, India
M.Sc. (1998) from Calcutta University (Rajabazar Science College, Kolkata)
B.Sc. (1996) from Calcutta University (Krishnath College, Berhampore, WB)
Ultrafast and Single Molecule Fluorescence Spectroscopy, Molecular Dynamics Simulation, Biomolecular Dynamics
Associate Professor, School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (2014 - present).
Assistant Professor, School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (2007 - 2014).
JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow at Molecular Spectroscopy Laboratory, RIKEN, Wako, Saitama, Japan (2005 - 2007).
Postdoctoral Fellow at the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of South Carolina, USA (2003 - 2005).
2022 - Editorial Board Member of Journal of Chemical Sciences (Link)
2020 - Editorial Board Member of Chemical Physics Impact (Link)
2017 - Invited Institute Seminar at S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata (Link)
2015 - Invited (Wednesday) Colloquium at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai (Link)
2012 - Asian and Oceanian Photochemistry Association (APA) Young Scientist-2012 Award (Link)
2005- Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Fellowship (Link)
(1) "Power-Law Solvation Dynamics in G-quadruplex DNA: Role of Hydration Dynamics on Ligand Solvation inside DNA". Nibedita Pal, Him Shweta, Moirangthem Kiran Singh, Sachin Dev Verma and Sobhan Sen*.
J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2015, vol. 6, page 1754.
(2) “Understanding Growth of Nanorods in Microemulsion: A Combined Fluorescence Correlation, Dynamic Light Scattering, and Electron Microscopy Study”. Soma Sharma, Nibedita Pal, Pramit Choudhury, Sobhan Sen* and Ashok K Ganguli*.
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, vol. 134, page 19677.
(3) “Probe Position-Dependent Counterion Dynamics in DNA: Comparison of Time-Resolved Stokes Shift of Groove-Bound to Base-Stacked Probes in the Presence of Different Monovalent Counterions”. Sachin Dev Verma, Nibedita Pal, Moirangthem Kiran Singh, and Sobhan Sen*.
J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2012, vol. 3, page 2621.
(4) “Understanding Ligand Interaction with Different Structures of G-Quadruplex DNA: Evidence of Kinetically Controlled Ligand Binding and Binding-Mode Assisted Quadruplex Structure Alteration”. Sachin Dev Verma, Nibedita Pal, Moirangthem Kiran Singh, Him Shweta, Mohammad Firoz Khan, and Sobhan Sen*.
Anal. Chem. 2012, vol. 84, page 7218.
(5) “Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy: An Efficient Tool for Measuring Size, Size-Distribution and Polydispersity of Microemulsion Droplets in Solution”. Nibedita Pal, Sachin Dev Verma, Moirangthem Kiran Singh, and Sobhan Sen*.
Anal. Chem. 2011, vol. 83, page 7736.
(6) "Probe Position Dependence of DNA Dynamics: Comparison of the Time-Resolved Stokes Shift of Groove-Bound to Base-Stacked Probes". Nibedita Pal, Sachin Dev Verma and Sobhan Sen*.
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, vol. 132, page 9277 (Communication).
(1) “New Family of Fluorescent Probes for Characterizing Depth-Dependent Static and Dynamic Properties of Lipid/Water Interfaces”. Moirangthem Kiran Singh, Him Shweta and Sobhan Sen*
Analysis of Membrane Lipids 2020, Springer (Book Chapter - Link)
(1) "Origin of Slow Solvation Dynamics in DNA: DAPI in Minor Groove of Dickerson-Drew DNA". Deepika Sardana, Kavita Yadav, Him Shweta, Ndege Simisi Clovis, Parvez Alam and Sobhan Sen*
J. Phys. Chem. B 2019, 123, 10202. (Cover Article)
(2) "Structure of an Unfolding Intermediate of a RRM Domain of ETR-3 Protein Reveals its Native-Like Fold". Harshesh Bhatt, Akshay Kumar Ganguly, Sonam Sharma, Gajraj Singh Kushwaha, Mohammad Firoz Khan, Sobhan Sen, Neel Sarovar Bhavesh*
Biophys. J. 2019, 118, 352 (Cover Article)
(3) "Cdr1p Highlights the Role of the Non-Hydrolytic ATP-Binding Site in Driving Drug Translocation in Asymmetric ABC Pumps". Atanu Banerjee, Alexis Moreno, Mohammad Firoz Khan, Remya Nair, Suman Sharma, Sobhan Sen, Alok Kumar Mondal, Jorgaq Pata, Cédric Orelle, Pierre Falson* and Rajendra Prasad*
BBA-Biomembrane 2019, 1862, 183131
(4) "Dynamics of Water and Ions Near DNA: Perspective from Time-Resolved Fluorescence Stokes Shift Experiments and Molecular Dynamics Simulation". Him Shweta, Nibedita Pal, Moiranghthem Kiran Singh, Sachin Dev Verma and Sobhan Sen*
Reviews in Fluorescence 2017, Springer (Book Chapter - Link)
(5) "Role of Ser65, His148 and Thr203 in the Organic Solvent‐dependent Spectral Shift in Green Fluorescent Protein". Jasvir Kaur, Neetu Singh Yadav, Moirangthem Kiran Singh, Mohd Jahir Khan,
Sobhan Sen, Aparna Dixit* and Devapriya Choudhury*
Photochem. Photobiol. 2018 (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/php.13018)
(7) "Ras Hyperactivation Versus Overexpression: Lessons from Ras Dynamics in Candida Albicans". Vavilala A. Pratyusha, Guiliana Soraya Victoria, Mohammad Firoz Khan, Dominic T. Haokip, Bhawna Yadav, Nibedita Pal, Subhash Chandra Sethi, Priyanka Jain, Sneh Lata Singh, Sobhan Sen* and Sneha Sudha Komath*
Sci. Rep. 2018, 8, 5248
(8) "Effect of T·T Mismatch on DNA Dynamics Probed by Minor Groove Binders: Comparison of Dynamic Stokes Shifts of Hoechst and DAPI". Him Shweta, Moirangthem Kiran Singh, Kavita Yadav, Sachin Dev Verma, Nibedita Pal, and Sobhan Sen*
J. Phys. Chem. B 2017, 121, 10735. (Cover Article)
(9) "Probe-location Dependent Resonance Energy Transfer at Lipid/Water Interfaces: Comparison between the Gel- and Fluid-Phase of Lipid Bilayer". Moirangthem Kiran Singh*, Mohammad Firoz Khan, Him Shweta and Sobhan Sen*
Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2017, 19, 25870. (Inside Front Cover Article)
(10) "Multidrug ABC Transporter Cdr1 of Candida Albicans Harbors Specific and Overlapping Binding Sites for Human Steroid Hormones Transport". Pratima Baghel, Manpreet Kaur Rawal, Mohammad Firoz Khan, Sobhan Sen, Mohammed Haris Siddiqui, Vincent Chaptal, Pierre Falson and Rajendra Prasad*
BBA-Biomembrane 2017, 1859, 1778.
(11) "Dispersed Dynamics of Solvation in G-quadruplex DNA: Comparison of Dynamic Stokes Shifts of Probes in Parallel and Antiparallel Quadruplex Structures". Moirangthem Kiran Singh, Him Shweta and Sobhan Sen*
Methods Appl. Fluoresc. 2016, 4, 034009. (Optics Within Life Sciences -2016 special issue).
(12) "New Insight into Probe-Location Dependent Polarity and Hydration at Lipid/Water Interfaces: Comparison between Gel- and Fluid-Phases of Lipid Bilayers". Moirangthem Kiran Singh, Him Shweta, Mohammad Firoz Khan and Sobhan Sen*
Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2016, 18, 24185. (Inside Front Cover Article)
(13) "Newly Identified Motifs in Candida Albicans Cdr1 Protein Nucleotide Binding Domains are Pleiotropic Drug Resistance Subfamily-Specific and Functionally Asymmetric". Manpreet Kaur Rawal, Atanu Banerjee, Abdul Haseeb Shah, Mohammad Firoz Khan, Sobhan Sen, Ajay Kumar Saxena, Brian C. Monk, Richard D. Cannon, Rakesh Bhatnagar, Alok Kumar Mondal and Rajendra Prasad*
Sci. Rep. 2016, 6, 27132.
(14) "Measuring Size, Size Distribution, and Polydispersity of Water-in-Oil Microemulsion Droplets using Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy: Comparison to Dynamic Light Scattering". Mohammad Firoz Khan, Moirangthem Kiran Singh, and Sobhan Sen*
J. Phys. Chem. B 2016, 120, 1008.