Ph. D. (Environmental Sciences, Specialization - Agroecology and Air pollution) 2008, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
M. Phil. (Environmental Sciences, Specialization - Agroecology and Air pollution) 2000, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
M.Sc. (Environmental Sciences) 1998, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
B.Sc. (Botany and Chemistry Hons.) 1996, Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Agroecology, Air pollution and Environmental Impact Assessment
Associate Professor, School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India (October 2017 onwards)
Senior Scientist, Centre for Environment Science and Climate Resilient Agriculture, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, India (April, 2003 to September 2017)
- Assessment of vulnerability of crop yields to pest damage in global climate change (APCESS)
- Impact of surface ozone on productivity of rice and maize (DST)
- Impact assessment of Bt cotton on microbial community structure and function (DBT)
- Evaluation of environmental services in conventional and emerging agroecosystem (DST)
- Carbon, nitrogen and water footprints of major crops grown in the Indo-Gangetic Plains (DST)
- Role of air pollutants and meteorology in wintertime fog formation and its impact on vegetation (IITM)
- Impact of primary and secondary air pollutants on crops around NTPC, Auraiya (NTPC)
- Impact of primary and secondary air pollutants on crops around NTPC, Faridabad (NTPC)
- Dynamics of engineered nano-particles in soil and phytotoxicity assessment on food crops (BARC)
- Impact assessment of climate change on major crops and integrated vulnerability assessment of agriculture in India (NATCOM, MoEF)
- Usha Mina., et al. Effect of elevated temperature and carbon dioxide on maize genotypes health index. Ecological Indicators (2017). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2017.08.060.
- R. Kumar, Usha Mina, R. Gogoi, A. Bhatia, and R. C. Harit (2016). Effect of elevated temperature and carbon dioxide levels on maydis leaf blight disease tolerance attributes in maize. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, 231, 98-104.
- Usha Mina, Anita Chaudhary and Anju Kamra (2011). Effect of Bt cotton on enzymes activity and microorganisms in rhizosphere. Journal of Agricultural Science, 3(1), 96-103.
- Usha Mina., et al. (2008). An approach for impact assessment of transgenic plants on soil ecosystem. Applied ecology and environmental research, 6(3), 1-17.
- Usha Mina and S.C.Dubey (2010). Effect of environmental variables on development of Fusarium wilt in chickpea (Cicer arietinum) cultivars. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 80(3), 233-00.
- Pranav Kumar, Usha Mina, Praveen Verma (2017), Biotechnology, A Problem Approach (5th ed.). Pathfinder Publication, India. ISBN: 978-81-934655-3-0.
- Pranav Kumar and Usha Mina (2017), Life Sciences, Fundamentals and Practice, Part I and Part II (6th ed.). Pathfinder Publication, India. ISBN: 978-81-906427-0-5.
- Pranav Kumar, Manjusha Verma, Neelu Jain and Usha Mina (2013). Agricultural Biotechnology: Theory and Practice. Pathfinder Publication, New Delhi, India. ISBN: 978-81-906427-5-0.