BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD
Advanced geospatial (RS, GIS, GPS/GNSS) analysis and modeling
Landscape and vegetation analysis (incl. Land use/Land cover change)
Climate change vis-à-vis ecological studies (incl. Natural Resource Management)
- Professor School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (2015– till date)
- Professor & Head Department of Natural Resources, TERI University, New Delhi (2011–2015)
- Associate Professor & Head Department of Natural Resources, TERI University, New Delhi (2007–2011)
- Scientist, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS/ISRO), Dehradun (2000–2007)
- Adjunct faculty, Center for Space Science and Technology Education in Asia and the Pacific (Affiliated to the UN) (2000–2007)
- Research Fellow, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS/ISRO), Dehradun (1998–2000)
- National Award for Geospatial Excellence (2020), Indian Society of Remote Sensing (ISRS/ISRO),
- Fellow - National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (FNAAS) (2019)
- Fellow - Indian Geophysical Union (FIGU) (2018)
- Platinum Jubilee Lecture (2018) Environmental Sciences Section, 105th Indian Science Congress
- P.R. Pisharoty Memorial Award (Indian National Remote Sensing Award) (2014), Indian Society of Remote Sensing (ISRS/ISRO)
- Member GIS Academia Council of India (2016-till date)
- Member Global Young Academy (GYA) (2012-till date)
- Young Scientist Platinum Jubilee Award (2009), National Academy of Sciences India (NASI)
- Young Scientist Medal (2006), Indian National Science Academy (INSA)
- Academy Gold Medal (2006), Indian Academy of Environmental Science
- Fellow - Indian Academy of Environmental Sciences (FIAES) (2004)
SUNRAISE: Sustainable Natural Resource Use in Arctic and High Mountainous Areas. A multi-institutional project Co-funded by the Earasmus+ Programme of the European Union with University of Bremen, Germany as the project coordinator and partners from Russia, India, Bhutan and EU.
URGENT: Urban Resilience and Adaptation for India and Mongolia. A multi-institutional project Co-funded by the Earasmus+ Programme of the European Union with University of Bremen, Germany as the project coordinator and partners from Mongolia, India and EU.
- *P.K Joshi, P.S. Roy, S. Singh, S. Agrawal and D. Yadav (2006). Vegetation cover mapping in India using multi-temporal IRS Wide Field Sensor (WiFS) data.Remote Sensing of Environment 103(2): 190-202.
- P.S. Roy, *P.K. Joshi, D. Yadav, S. Agrawal, S. Singh, and C. Jegannathan (2006). Biome mapping in India using multi-temporal satellite data and other inputs. Ecological Modeling 197(1-2): 148-158.
- *P.K. Joshi, G.S. Rawat, H. Padilya and P.S. Roy (2006). Biodiversity characterization in Nubra Valley, Ladakh with special reference to plant resource conservation and bioprospecting. Biodiversity and Conservation 15(13): 4253-4270.
- A. Chakraborty, A. Ghosh, *P.K. Joshi, and G. Areendran (2013). Assessing biome boundary shifts under climate change in India. Ecological Indicators 34: 536–547.
- A. Ghosh and *P.K. Joshi (2014). A comparison of selected classification algorithms for mapping bamboo patches in lower Gangetic plains using very high resolution WorldView 2 imagery. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation 26: 298–311.
- Shukla, R., A. Agarwal, K. Sachdeva, J. Kurths, and *P.K. Joshi (2019). Climate change perception: an analysis of climate change and risk perceptions among farmer types of Indian Western Himalayas. Climate Change https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-018-2314-z
- Mann, D., G. Agrawal, and *P.K. Joshi (2019). Spatio-temporal forest cover dynamics along road networks in the Central Himalaya. Ecological Engineering 127:383-393. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2018.12.020
- Anees, MM, Shafa Sajjid, *P.K. Joshi (2019). Characterizing urban area dynamics in historic city of Kurukshertra, India using remote sensing and spatial metric tools. Geocarto International https://doi.org/10.1080/10106049.2018.1499819