M.Sc. (Life Sciences)
Ph.D. (Life Sciences - Biochemistry)
To understand biochemical and molecular mechanism(s) of metabolic disorder-induced chronic inflammatory diseases including diabetic and cardiovascular complications, cancer, asthma and COPD through cutting edge research, and discover and develop potential mechanism-based molecular medicine for clinical intervention and therapy.
2020 – Present Professor, Special Centre for Molecular Medicine, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi - 110067, India
July – Aug 2020 Professor, School of Life Sciences, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, India
2017 – 2020 Associate Professor, School of Life Sciences, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, India
2013 – 2017 Assistant Professor, School of Life Sciences, Central University of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, India
2010 – 2013 Faculty (Instructor/Asst. Professor), Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555-0647, USA
2009 – 2013 Adjunct faculty, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555-0647, USA
2004 – 2010 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555-0647, USA
2004 Lecturer, Bio-Engineering research center, RAI International University, New Delhi, India
2000 – 2003 Senior Research Fellow (SRF), School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
1998 – 2000 Junior Research Fellow (JRF), School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
2013: Awarded Ramanujan Fellowship by the department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, New Delhi.
2007: ARVO Foundation for Eye Research/Retina Research Foundation/ Joseph M. and Eula C. Lawrence Scholarship Travel Grant to attend and present the abstract at the ARVO Annual Meeting, May 6-10, Fort-Lauderdale, FL, USA
2000-2003: Senior Research Fellowship, University Grants Commission & School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
1998- 2000: Junior Research Fellowship, University Grants Commission (UGC) & School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
1998: Awarded Joint CSIR-UGC Junior Research Fellowship in Life Sciences and Eligibility for Lectureship, New Delhi, India.
1997: Awarded Joint CSIR-UGC Junior Research Fellowship in Life Sciences and Eligibility for Lectureship, New Delhi, India.
1995-1997: Merit Cum Mean scholarship, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
- Rajput PK, Varghese JF, Srivastava AK, Kumar U, Yadav UCS. Visfatin-induced upregulation of lipogenesis via EGFR/AKT/GSK3β pathway promotes breast cancer cell growth. Cell Signal. 107:110686. Jul. 2023. doi: 10.1016/j.cellsig.2023.110686.
- Sharma JR, Agraval H, Yadav UCS. Cigarette smoke induces epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition, stemness, and metastasis in lung adenocarcinoma cells via upregulated RUNX-2/galectin-3 pathway. Life Sci. 318:121480. Apr 2023. doi: 10.1016/j.lfs.2023.121480.
- Rajput PK, Sharma JR, Yadav UCS. Cellular and molecular insights into the roles of visfatin in breast cancer cells plasticity programs. Life Sci. 304:120706. Sept 2022. doi: 10.1016/j.lfs.2022.120706.
- Agraval H, Sharma JR, Dholia N, Yadav UCS. Air-Liquid Interface Culture Model to Study Lung Cancer-Associated Cellular and Molecular Changes. Methods Mol Biol. 2413:133-144, 2022. doi: 10.1007/978-1-0716-1896-7_14.
- Agraval H, Sharma JR, Prakash N, Yadav UCS. Fisetin suppresses cigarette smoke extract-induced epithelial to mesenchymal transition of airway epithelial cells through regulating COX-2/MMPs/β-catenin pathway. Chem Biol Interact. 351:109771, Jan 2022. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2021.109771.
- Varghese JF, Patel R, Singh M, Yadav UCS. Fisetin Prevents Oxidized Low-density Lipoprotein-Induced Macrophage Foam Cell Formation. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 78(5):e729-e737, Nov 2021. doi: 10.1097/FJC.0000000000001096.
- Dholia N, Sethi GS, Naura AS, Yadav UCS. Cysteinyl leukotriene D4 (LTD4) promotes airway epithelial cell inflammation and remodelling. Inflamm Res.70(1):109-126, Jan. 2021. doi: 10.1007/s00011-020-01416-z.
- Patel R, Varghese JF, Singh RP, Yadav UCS. Induction of endothelial dysfunction by oxidized low-density lipoproteins via downregulation of Erk-5/Mef2c/Klf2 signaling: Amelioration by fisetin. Biochimie. 11; 163: 152-162, Jan 2019. doi. 10.1016/j.biochi.2019.06.007
- Varghese JF, Patel R, Yadav UCS. Sterol regulatory element binding protein (SREBP) -1 mediates oxidized low-density lipoprotein (oxLDL) induced macrophage foam cell formation through NLRP3 inflammasome activation. Cellular Signalling. 53: 316-326, Jan. 2019. doi: 10.1016/j.cellsig.2018.10.020.
- Dholia N and Yadav UCS. Lipid mediator Leukotriene D4-induces airway epithelial cells proliferation through EGFR/ERK1/2 pathway. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 136:55-63, May 2018. doi: 10.1016/j.prostaglandins.2018.05.003.
- Rani V, Deep G, Singh RK, Palle K, Yadav UCS. Oxidative stress and metabolic disorders: Pathogenesis and therapeutic strategies, Life Sciences, Available online 3 February 2016, ISSN 0024-3205, Feb 2016. doi: 10.1016/j.lfs.2016.02.002.
- Yadav UCS, et al., Aldose reductase regulates acrolein-induced cytotoxicity in human small airway epithelial cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 65C:15-25, Dec. 2013. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2013.06.008.
- Access complete PubMed list here: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=yadav+ucs&sort=date
Total Published Research Articles in National/International Journals: 70
Total Published Abstracts in National/International Journals: 92
- Human Anatomy and physiology, Various contributors, OpenStax College, Rice University, Houston, Texas, 25 April 2013. ISBN-13: 978-1-938168-13-0
- Free Radicals in Human Health and Disease: Oxidative Stress and Human Health. Yadav UC, Rani V (Eds), Springer (India) Private Ltd., New Delhi, 2015. ISBN 978-81-322-2034-3; DOI: 10.1007/978-81-322-2035-0
- Functional Food and Human Health. Yadav UC and Rani V (Eds), Springer (India) Private Ltd., New Delhi, 2018. ISBN 978-981-13-1123-9 (eBook); DOI: 10.1007/978-981-13-1123-9
- Editorial Board Member: Journal of Ginseng Research
- Invited lead guest editor for a special issue “Oxidative Stress in Metabolic Disorders: Pathogenesis, Prevention, and Therapeutics” of the journal ‘Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity’ (2015) Hindawi Publishing Corporation.
- Journal of Respiratory Medicine, Hindawi Publishing Corporation
• Toxicology in vitro
• Current Molecular Medicine
• Pharmaceutical Biology
• African Journal of Biotechnology
• PLoS ONE
• Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
• Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry
• BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine
• Journal of Clinical & Cellular Immunology
• International Journal of Chronic Diseases
• Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets
• Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
• Journal of functional food in health and disease
• BioMed Research International
• Environmental Science and Pollution Research
• Life Sciences
• Scientific reports
• Obesity research and Clinical Practice
• Cellular immunology
• Molecular & Cellular Endocrinology
• Journal of International Medical Research
• The Journal of Biochemistry
• 1000F Research
- Yadav, Umesh CS, and Patel Rohit. Method of Treatment of Atherosclerosis by Blocking oxidized low-density Lipoprotein-induced endothelial dysfunction. Indian patent (PTIN-0018270) filed July 2018.
- Srivastava, Satish K., Kota V. Ramana, and Umesh Yadav. "Methods for Treating COPD" US 8,785,483 B2, United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) Awarded July 22, 2014.