Trans-disciplinary Research Cluster on Frugality Studies (TRCFS)
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
Dated: 7th July 2021
Last Date of Submission of Application: 20th July 2021
RECRUITMENT OF CONSULTANT
Transdisciplinary Research Cluster on Frugality Studies of JNU has its inception in 2020. This is an Academic Cluster on Frugality studies, that are centred around the innovations by and for the marginal community, for enhancing livelihood, water & energy conservation and better health access. This cluster is aimed at studying Frugality in technological development, products and processes in organizations and societies, identifying the concerned regulatory, ethical, funding and governance issues of Frugal Innovation. The Cluster has already undertaken two research projects. The Cluster consists of Faculty members of various Universities who are from different transdisciplinary social science backgrounds ranging from Economics, Policy, Sustainability & Governance, Law and Ethics. The Cluster would also like to take the services of a Consultant from technology and engineering background to take care of the technological nitty-gritties and product designs that involves frugal innovation studies.
Position: Consultant Researcher
- The Contract will be for a period of One year and renewal of the contract will be carried out with the recommendation of the Coordinator, TRCFS.
Compensation Package: The Consultant shall receive a monthly stipend of Rs 70,000/-(consolidated).
- Minimum Educational Qualifications: A PhD degree in Engineering and Technology from a reputed University/Institute in India (Degree must have been awarded after June 30, 2018).
- Work experience in the field of Frugal Innovation, and Technological development.
- The Consultant will
- assist the faculty members in liaising with administrative departments and organizations involved with frugal innovation.
- assist in exploring funding and collaboration opportunities for TRCFS.
- assist the TRCFS members in research work, field visits, data analysis.
How to Apply:
- Candidates who meet the above requirements can send their applications along with their “Curriculum Vitae” and a letter stating their suitability for the Cluster to: Coordinator, Transdisciplinary Research Cluster on Frugality Studies, JNU at (email@example.com) latest by 17:00 Hours (IST).
- Applications received after the last date will not be considered for any reason whatsoever.
- Candidates should enclose self-attested copy of the certificates in educational qualification, experience etc. along with the Application Letter through email.
- The name of the “post applied for” should be clearly mentioned in BOLD LETTERS on the subject line of the email.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interaction on Zoom/Skype/Google Meet.
The decision of the selection committee is final.