School of Engineering
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Applications are invited for the post of Junior Research Fellow in a Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)-CARS funded project entitled “Synthetic video generation for ultra wide FOV sensor system and identifying targets in the generated sequence,” under the supervision of Dr. Prerana Mukherjee, School of Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
No. of Posts: 01 (One) JRF
Last Date of Application:
20th January 2022 31st January 2022
Duration of Project: 3 years
Essential Qualification: The applicant must have M.Tech/M.E. in Computer Science and Engineering/ Computer Science and Technology/ Computer Science/Information Technology/Electronics and Communication Engineering or MCA or B. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering/ Computer Science and Technology/ Computer Science with NET/GATE qualification. They are expected to have strong programming skills.
Desirable Qualification: Candidates having knowledge or experience of Image Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning/ Deep Learning are encouraged to apply.
Fellowship/Salary: As per DRDO norms, fellowship is ₹31,000/- p.m. plus HRA as permissible.
Duration: The selected candidate will be appointed on a purely temporary basis initially for one year and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum period of duration of the project (first two years as JRF and promoted to SRF in the third year based on satisfactory performance).
Interested candidates may apply by filling o Online Google Form and upload their complete application in the given format along with a cover letter and self-attested copies of the certificates (proof of age, certificates, degrees, marks sheets) and proof of research experience (if any) in a single PDF file on the Google form link. The applications and supporting documents should also be submitted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by January 20, 2022. The e-mail subject line should read as “Application for the Post of JRF in DRDO-CARS Project”.
The candidate needs to fill the online Google Form. ONLY a soft copy of the application in the given format (only one consolidated PDF file containing a cover letter, application, and all the supporting documents) via e-mail (email@example.com) will be accepted.
Dr. Prerana Mukherjee (Principal Investigator)
School of Engineering
Jawaharlal Nehru University New Delhi-110067
- All service conditions are the same as per the Office Memorandum SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated 30th January 2019 issued by Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- The position is temporary and renewable each year, subject to satisfactory performance. The position is co-terminus with the project.
- The date of the interview will be informed later to the shortlisted candidates through Email. Due to unforeseen circumstances arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic, the interview will be conducted online via Google Meet or ZOOM.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
- Documents for proof of age, certificates, degrees, marks sheets, experience certificates (if any), CV and other testimonials must be uploaded online using the Google form link as a single PDF file in the link provided above.
- No TA/DA will be paid if the interview is conducted in physical mode.
- Other terms and conditions are as per the guidelines of the University.