M.Sc. (Applied Geology), M.Tech (Geoexploration), Ph.D.
Mineral Exploration, Geological Mapping, Geochemical Exploration
Landslides, Engineering Geology, Rock Mechanics, Numerical Simulation
- Associate Professor, School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (May 2023- till date)
- Senior Geologist, Geological Survey of India (2016 - 2023)
- Geologist, Geological Survey of India (2011 - 2016)
- Teaching Assistant (2009-2011)
Total Research and Professional Experience: 14 years
- Certificate of Appreciation by Additional Director General & HoD, Geological Survey of India, Northern Region, Lucknow 2023
- Frontiers Sponsored Awards for Best Oral Talk at First International Conference on Technologies, Sustainable Development Goals and Academia (ICTSGA-1), 2022
- Certificate of Appreciation by Director General, Geological Survey of India, 2020
- MHRD fellowship for Teaching Assistantship at IIT Bombay
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), 2009
- Second rank in M.Sc. (Applied Geology), University of Allahabad, Allahabad
- Session co-chair on “Environmental and social impact of landslide” in 4th Indian Landslide Congress 2017, Mumbai
- Session co-chair on “In-situ & Laboratory Testing” in INDOROCK 2016 conference, Mumbai
- Sadiq M., Umrao R.K. (2020) Nb-Ta-rare earth element mineralization in titaniferous laterite cappings over Sung Valley ultramafic rocks in Meghalaya, India, Ore Geology Reviews, vol. 120(5), 103439. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oregeorev.2020.103439.
- Umrao R.K., Sharma L.K., Singh R., Singh T.N. (2018) Determination of strength and modulus of elasticity of heterogenous sedimentary rocks: An ANFIS predictive technique, Measurement, vol. 126, pp. 194-201. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2018.05.064.
- Umrao R.K., Singh R., Sharma L.K., Singh T.N. (2017) Soil slope instability along a strategic road corridor in Meghalaya, north-eastern India, Arabian Journal of Geosciences, vol. 10 (12), 260. doi:10.1007/s12517-017-3043-8.
- Singh R., Umrao R.K., Ahmad M., Ansari M.K., Sharma L.K., Singh T.N. (2017) Prediction of geomechanical parameters using soft computing and multiple regression approach, Measurement, vol. 99, pp. 108–119. doi:10.1016/j.measurement.2016.12.023.
- Umrao R.K., Singh R., Singh T.N. (2015) Stability evaluation of hill cut slopes along national highway-13 near Hospet, Karnataka, India, Georisk, vol. 9(3), pp. 158-170. doi: 10.1080/17499518.2015.1053494
- Sadiq M., Ranjith A., Umrao R.K. (2014) REE Mineralization in the Carbonatites of the Sung Valley Ultramafic-Alkaline-Carbonatite Complex, Meghalaya, India, Central European Journal of Geosciences, vol. 6(4), pp. 457-475.
- Singh R., Umrao R.K., Singh T.N., (2014) Stability evaluation of road-cut slopes in the Lesser Himalaya of Uttarakhand, India: conventional and numerical approaches, Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment, vol. 73 (3), pp. 845–857.
- Umrao R.K., Sardar S.K. (2022) Significant Occurrences of REE in Tertiary Sequence of East Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya, India, Journal of the Geological Society of India, vol. 98, pp. 621-626.
- Prakash S., Malviya V.P., Verma J.P., Umrao R.K. (2022) Geochemistry and Petrological Studies of Mesoproterozoic Glauconitic Sandstone, Semri Group, Vindhyan Basin, India: Implications for Paleoweathering, Provenance and Tectonic Setting. In: J. S. Armstrong-Altrin et al. (eds.), Geochemical Treasures and Petrogenetic Processes, Geochemical Treasures and Petrogenetic Processes, Springer Nature, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-4782-7_13
- Sadiq M., Umrao R.K., Sharma B.B., Chakraborti S., Bhattacharyya S., Kundu A. (2018) Mineralogy, geochemistry and geochronology of mafic magmatic enclaves and their significance in evolution of Nongpoh granitoids, Meghalaya, NE India. In: Sensarma, S. & Storey, B. C. (eds), Large Igneous Provinces from Gondwana and Adjacent Regions. Geological Society, London, Special Publications, 463, pp. 171-198. https:// doi.org/10.1144/SP463.2