Trans-disciplinary Research Cluster on Frugality Studies
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)
RECRUITMENT OF CONSULTANT RESEARCH ASSISTANT (PRE-PHD LEVEL)
Transdisciplinary Research Cluster on Frugality Studies (TRCFS) of JNU has its inception in 2020. This is an Academic Cluster on Frugality studies. This cluster is aimed at studying Frugality in technological development, products and processes in organizations and societies, identifying the concerned regulatory, ethical, funding and governance issues of Frugal Innovation. The Cluster has already undertaken two research projects. The Cluster consists of Faculty members of various Universities who are from different transdisciplinary social science backgrounds ranging from Economics, Policy, Sustainability & Governance, Law and Ethics. The Cluster would also like to take the services of a Consultant Researcher from biodiversity conservation/environmental governance background to assist in the research project focusing on the role of frugal innovations in biodiversity conservation governance.
Position: Consultant Research Assistant @TRCFS-JNU
The contract will be for a period of one year and renewal of the contract will be carried out with the recommendation of the Coordinator, TRCFS.
Compensation Package: The Consultant shall receive a monthly stipend of Rs 30,000/-(consolidated)
- Minimum Educational Qualifications: A Masters degree in environmental science/management, wild-life studies, biodiversity conservation or related areas from a reputed University/Institute (The Degree must have awarded between 2017 and 2020).
- Work experience/exposure in the field of Frugal Innovation and/or biodiversity conservation governance.
- Assist the faculty members in liaising with administrative departments and organizations involved with frugal innovation.
- Assist the Cluster members in research work, field visits, data analysis.
- Assist in exploring funding and collaboration opportunities for TRCFS.
- The Engagement will be for a period of One year and renewal of engagement will be carried out with the recommendation by the concerned faculty member.
How to Apply:
Candidates who meet the above requirements can send their applications along with their “Curriculum Vitae” and a letter stating their suitability for the Cluster to: Coordinator, Transdisciplinary Research Cluster on Frugality Studies, JNU at (firstname.lastname@example.org) latest by 17:00 Hours (IST).
Last Date of Submission of Application: 11th December 2021 (17: 00 Hrs. IST)
Applications received after the last date will not be considered for any reason whatsoever.
Candidate should enclose self-attested copy of the certificates in educational qualification, experience etc. along with the Application Letter through email and in hard copy form.
The name of the “post applied for” should be clearly mentioned in BOLD LETTERS on the subject line of the email.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interaction on Zoom/Skype/Google Meet.
The decision of the selection committee is final.